Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personal sales while legal if both parties are legal, I have done it myself, but unfortunately not all personal sakes are above board

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son prefers to pay cash to avoid the 3% credit card hit many dealers in my state charge. Can't say I blame him.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL , yep, dealers have a very low margin on new guns, so losing 3% in CC charges is a big deal.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    All guns are bad. I say ban them all.
    Guns kill people. People can't kill people that's why they buy guns duh.

That's why you have to lock 'em up. If you don't they get out and about, sneaking around your house at night, trying to find a way into your car so they can get their jollies whacking people and blaming you.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insurrection.
    (I know, Fox News and Tucker Carlson. Sorry for being a sheep. Just watch the video of this bloodbath)

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

The second largest bank failure in US history just happened. We'll have to see what the ripple effects will be.

https://www.fdic.gov/news/press-releases/2023/pr23016.html

• Options

Uh oh.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

That hits close to home. Good think I'm not a customer.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Would everyone who gives a crap if the Trumpster paid a hooker for, you know, please sound off now.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

In today's world it's kind of a non-issue, but I'd want to hold our elected officials to a higher standard than that.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited March 2023

True. Good reason not to vote for him. Still not newsworthy to me. Certainly not worth investing tax dollars, but maybe needs to be known. For about a minute.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my God, that sounds like the big scary gun in my squad car. I better not stop that lunatic killing kids. I might get hurt.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Oh my God, that sounds like the big scary gun in my squad car. I better not stop that lunatic killing kids. I might get hurt.

It's a sad day when men aren't willing to risk their own safety to save children.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing really happening in the world of politics right now. It's too bad.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's go Brandon

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t live in crook county for a reason.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

For anyone interested, Ron DeSantis is speaking on a livestream put on by Hillsdale College tonight at 7:30. Link below.

https://livestream.hillsdale.edu/?hsmi=253396201&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--W5OYLRLc29WPDclF63VpPykujrm8NMbHdQ2-qYrQ3pmwHQNOuR-AnhxK9DrQszLj4QdT9l_28dGBcS2Vhx6b0xOYcQ

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    For anyone interested, Ron DeSantis is speaking on a livestream put on by Hillsdale College tonight at 7:30. Link below.

https://livestream.hillsdale.edu/?hsmi=253396201&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--W5OYLRLc29WPDclF63VpPykujrm8NMbHdQ2-qYrQ3pmwHQNOuR-AnhxK9DrQszLj4QdT9l_28dGBcS2Vhx6b0xOYcQ

As usual, I'm a day late. Did anybody catch this?

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya know, with the way the Republicans do their primary, if Trump is in the race, he has enough of a base, and will almost certainly be the Republican candidate.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc , I fully expect that will happen. There is no one who can compete with Trump and other candidates in a primary, and only one who could stand a chance one-on-one.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @TRayB , really like this dude. We have to think beyond this next cycle, trumpism is not a person.

A little dirt never hurt