Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Make a wish is the inverse of the Pay it Forward. Here is how this works:
1) person “A” says “I would like to try these cigars: x,y,z..."
B) person “B” (who has that cigar in his humi) says I will give you that cigar.
III) person “B” sends person “A” three of those cigars to try.
4) person “B” now gets to wish for a cigar to try.

That’s the cool part. Unfortunately this will have to have many more regulations than the PIF thread.

First: don’t wish for OpusX, La Aurora Preferidos, or other very high end cigars. We aren’t trying to break the other guy’s bank. We are just trying to try some new cigars here. Use some judgment, and if there is a question on if the cigar is too “high end” the forum at large will decide.
EDIT 9-10-12: this rule is here because of the rule further down about getting three of the cigar. the entire point of this thread is to have a good shake at a cigar you have not had before. one cigar does not give it a fair shake. three does. if i wish for LAdC Mi Amor, i should get 3 of them to give it a fair shot in case one is a dud.

Second: no Cubans. Not only is this an illegal thing that you shouldn’t be flaunting (who knows who is watching the board) but they are also hard to come by and sometimes very expensive.

Third: The granter must send At least three of the cigars on the list. more is always welcomed but more is never expected.
if you chose to send cigars that are not on the list, please only send cigars that you feel the person will like.

Fourth: don’t ask for a specific shape. Beggars can’t be choosers.

and finally... all people wishing for cigars must have had their package received by the previous wisher before wishing. this will be kept track of on this thread.

I guess that’s all as far as rules go. Should other rules be needed they will be instated as we go.

UPDATE:

Alien (outside USA): If the package (granted wish) does not reach the wisher within THREE weeks AND the wish granter during that time goes inactive on this forum, then the wisher gets another wish.

in either case if the time frames are exceeded, and the wish granter is still active on the forum, both parties must agree that the wish granter can then go ahead and make a wish. The better standings you have with the Forum at large, the more chance you have to make a wish, should this situation come about.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Since I came up with this thread I will go first. BUT, to make it fair, my first Make a Wish will get a kick back “prize” for the one who sends me the cigars. I’m not out for free cigars, so I will send a small sampler pack in trade for my first MAW.

Lets hope this thread works. … and awaaaaaay we go!

I would love to try the cigar.com Brazilian Label.

I know, I know, out of all the hype it got here you’d think I woulda had some already but I’ve blown my cigar budget for the last three months on a few other purchases.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I just happen to have some of those. I will gladly send you some and that way we can get this thing going. PM me your address and I will get them out in the next couple days.
    PM sent.
    as far as "getting it rolling"...
    I expect that this will run a bit slower than the PIF so at some point if nobody is getiing hits on the cigars they are looking to tryin a few weeks then tey can change it up to keep it moving. ... you know, just a thought.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Kuzi this is a great idea! I'm on board as soon as someone asks for something I have.
    Another thought Kuzi. Just to get this "rolling" why don't you go ahead and let rdnstn make 2 wishes. One now for being the first person to send and another when you receive yours. This will get 2 sets of MAW's going at a time. Just a thought.
    Kuzi, you have a PM.

I would also like to add that I like that final rule. I think it keeps everyone honest that way. So I will send Kuzi his MAW and then when he posts that he received them, I will make my wish.
    madurofan:
    Another thought Kuzi. Just to get this "rolling" why don't you go ahead and let rdnstn make 2 wishes. One now for being the first person to send and another when you receive yours. This will get 2 sets of MAW's going at a time. Just a thought.
    though that is a good idea, i dont think this forum has enough active members to keep two active MAW's at the same time. maybe when the forum gets a bit bigger we will explore that option. one step at a time for now.
    rdnstn:
    Kuzi, you have a PM.

I would also like to add that I like that final rule. I think it keeps everyone honest that way. So I will send Kuzi his MAW and then when he posts that he received them, I will make my wish.
    all the way from IRAQ... your wish may take a moment... all's well that ends well.
    Good point I've noticed there are only about 10 regular posters.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Good point I've noticed there are only about 10 regular posters.
    At that rate, it would only be a short matter of time before we all had each other's addresses and cigar tastes down...then we could just randomly send out fivers and skip all the forum posts.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Kuzi, Like the idea. Will be looking to get involved as we get going.
    Forgot to post this earlier, but Kuzi, your package is on the way. Let u sknow when you get it. I think I know what I'm gonna ask for. :)
    Man rdnstn I hope I have what you're looking for. I'm looking forward to this getting going.
    its not every day that you get a package from IRAQ. but today i did. they look great! thanks!!

rdnstn: MAKE A WISH!!!!
    Save that label, lol
    Woohoo, my turn. Let me see, hmmmm. I see everyone talking about them so I think I will ask for the...Cusano 18 Double Connecticut.

Can anyone grant my wish?
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Ron,

Wish Granted. I just got a box of them.

I don't have 25 posts quite yet, but since the rules for this thread say I don't make my wish 'til you get your package, I think it'll work.

Send me a PM with your address.

Since those are the rules, I don't mind if you jump in, but let's make sure it's ok with everyone else first.
    Kuzi,

Since this is your game, do you mind if I jump in as a newbie?
    thats why i set the rules as i did. its a way to establish good trader status quickly. you arent out for free cigars if you gave up some of yours before you could even make a wish. It slows down the game a bit but it keeps it honest and fair.
    Scrambler:
    Kuzi,

Since this is your game, do you mind if I jump in as a newbie?
    Its not MY game it OUR game.
    I say if the person receiving the MAW doesn't have an issue, I don't see the harm in a newbie playing.
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    Let the man play!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Here Here! It seems no one has a problem with this fellow playing, so I say let him play, the more the merrier, right?
    j0z3r:
    Here Here! It seems no one has a problem with this fellow playing, so I say let him play, the more the merrier, right?
    Damn right!
    yup. just make sure he gets his package before you make your wish. again, it may take a moment cos he is on his way home from Iraq.
    Alright, as soon as I get a PM with Ron's address I'll send out a package. Gives me a few days to decide what I want to wish for, since I just ordered most of what I have been wanting to try.
    Scrambler:
    ...since I just ordered most of what I have been wanting to try.
    you orgered every cigar at cigar.com?? damn. when should i come over?
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    kuzi16:
    Scrambler:
    ...since I just ordered most of what I have been wanting to try.
    Kuzi, no doubt....you know, I've always wanted to visit New Orleans
    kuzi16:

lol, not quite unfortunately. But there were some things I've been really wanting to try like the CAO Black or the 5 Vegas line and I just got some of those to try. I'm sure there are plenty more interesting cigars to wish for though.
    Hey all, I got stuck in Kuwait for a week and won't be home until Sunday. I will let everyone know when I get there. In the meantime, I will get my info to Scrambler in a PM. Thanks.