Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
I got an idea from the Black Band Project. This game would work like PIF but you send someone 3 cigars, without bands, marked A, B and C. The recieving person smokes them and reviews them, trying to guess what they are. After all 3 are smoked and reviewed the sender posts what A, B and C were. That way we rely completley on our palate(which this is a good opportunity to develop) and no brand hype. This way a "highly rated" cigar can be called a bag of ass or a cheap stick an awesome smoke. Only kicker is the recieving person would have to be willing to smoke all 3 within a few days of reciept, humidified shipping would be appreciated. Whats everyone think? If i get a few people interested i'll start things off on Saturday? Good idea?

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm down. I dig the games on here quite a bit, and this one sounds like it would be alot of fun.
  • I know I'm not on the good trader list yet but I think this would be a lot of fun.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    To some of us rookies, three is a hell of a lot; if I had to smoke three cigars in a single day, I'd probably burn my mouth out. Maybe make it a one on one comparison?
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I would like to participate. Sounds like fun.
  • robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Hell, I'm in!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Might want to stick a post it note, or flag or something on each stick so that if you send three similar looking sticks, you can tell them apart for review purposes. Might also want to limit Nubs from this pass, they are pretty identifiable. Aside from that, I'm giving some thought into joining this. Put me down in the maybe column.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I got an idea from the Black Band Project. This game would work like PIF but you send someone 3 cigars, without bands, marked A, B and C. The recieving person smokes them and reviews them, trying to guess what they are. After all 3 are smoked and reviewed the sender posts what A, B and C were. That way we rely completley on our palate(which this is a good opportunity to develop) and no brand hype. This way a "highly rated" cigar can be called a bag of ass or a cheap stick an awesome smoke. Only kicker is the recieving person would have to be willing to smoke all 3 within a few days of reciept, humidified shipping would be appreciated. Whats everyone think? If i get a few people interested i'll start things off on Saturday? Good idea?
    hmm, well a lot of cigars I have people have already smoked. And I don't think too many of us care what a premium is as far as talking crap about it. I'd be down though.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Shooweeet! Sounds like enough of us are interested. I'll kick things off, who wants to be my mystery mooch!
  • Eh, what the hell? I'll be your mystery mooch! This could get interesting. Ck
    Sweet. It's that easy! PM me your info and i'll get em out saturday!
  • You have a PM! CK
    Alright so lets clarify the rules, whats the deal?
    I thought i covered everything pretty clearly in the first post. This games works just like Pay It Forward, except you send 3 cigars, without bands. The recieving person gets the cigars then asks for a mooch. Once he has a mooch, he sends 3 unbanded cigars. The cigars a labeled A, B and C. You smoke them, review them here on this thread and try to guess what they are or where they came. After that, the person who sent them to you reveals what they are. Pretty easy.
    Edit: Bass, your sticks are on the move, i'll PM your DC# when i get it :)
    Alright, I'm certainly in : )
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jetmech_63:
    I thought i covered everything pretty clearly in the first post. This games works just like Pay It Forward, except you send 3 cigars, without bands. The recieving person gets the cigars then asks for a mooch. Once he has a mooch, he sends 3 unbanded cigars. The cigars a labeled A, B and C. You smoke them, review them here on this thread and try to guess what they are or where they came. After that, the person who sent them to you reveals what they are. Pretty easy.
    Edit: Bass, your sticks are on the move, i'll PM your DC# when i get it :)

Hey jet, Is there a list of people who are in on this or are you just running it like a PIF, I'm in, if you guys don't mind the extra wait time for package to go to and from the great white north. No I didn't mean North Dakota either !
    Nope, this runs exactly like PIF. All we need is for Bass to ask for a mooch and things will get rolling.
  • Sorry to keep everyone waiting. Who wants to be my mooch? CK
    I would be happy to be your mooch! Throw me a PM if this is good, I'll hit you back with my details.
  • Great! I got your PM. CK
  • I got the three mystery sticks from jet today. I'll smoke one of them tomorrow and I'll post my results for all three on Sunday. CK
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    Alright. I got all three cigars smoked and here are my results. Cigar A: Cameroon wrapper, Dominican made. Reminded me of the regular line of La Aurora. Cigar B: Corojo wrapper, Nicaraguan made. Reminded me of something Don Pepin Gracia would make but I haven't smoked much of his stuff so I can't say what line. Cigar C: Sumatra wrapper, Nicarguan made. This was a lot like the 5 Vegas Classic to me. Overall I didn't really like cigar A but I did like B and C. So Jet, what are the answers? CK
    Got three cigars. I'll try to smoke 'em by monday, and get the reviews up.
    HB's Mystery Stick A I'm a bit of a noob, just as a header. I think it was a Connecticut Wrapper, it had a darker-looking binder, maybe nicaraguan? It wasn't very familiar to me. It had a pre-light draw with chocolate and sweet notes, so I assume the filler is the same country of origin as the binder. It was great toward the last third, and almost tasted like milk. Not sure if I could hazard a guess as for a specific name, I'll think on it a bit more.
    Oh, and who wants to be my mystery stick mooch?
    hawaiianbass:
    Alright. I got all three cigars smoked and here are my results. Cigar A: Cameroon wrapper, Dominican made. Reminded me of the regular line of La Aurora. Cigar B: Corojo wrapper, Nicaraguan made. Reminded me of something Don Pepin Gracia would make but I haven't smoked much of his stuff so I can't say what line. Cigar C: Sumatra wrapper, Nicarguan made. This was a lot like the 5 Vegas Classic to me. Overall I didn't really like cigar A but I did like B and C. So Jet, what are the answers? CK

It's really cool to see this game moving forward! I think it'll be a lot of fun, i'll jump in on it here in the next day or so. You were damn close and you got one of em, you may have had the order mixed up.
    A: Camacho 1962
    B: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic(GOOD JOB!!)
    C: La Aurora 1495

Like i said, maybe you got A and C maixed up but awesome job! Cant wait to see how Betasyn does!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Jetmech_63:
    hawaiianbass:

It's really cool to see this game moving forward! I think it'll be a lot of fun, i'll jump in on it here in the next day or so. You were damn close and you got one of em, you may have had the order mixed up.

Like i said, maybe you got A and C maixed up but awesome job! Cant wait to see how Betasyn does!

Thats pretty dang good guessing Bass ...I'm impressed...
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    Jetmech_63:
    hawaiianbass:

Wow. The Camacho was the torpedo, right?I'm a big Camacho fan so thats kind of embarressing that I didn't get that. I've had the 1962 a couple times and the flavors I got this time weren't the same as I remember when I smoked them the last time.

This was fun to do. A learning experiance for sure. Since I didn't know any of the brands having to really focus on the different flavers and nuances of the cigar was an eye opener.

Once Betasyn posts all of his guesses I'll give the answers.

CK
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    Oh, and who wants to be my mystery stick mooch?
    I'll be your mystery mooch Beta, looks like fun!
    Alright alien, I'll send your sticks out monday, just PM me your info.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I don't see anyone reviewing anything... slackers.