Home Non Cigar Related

so what do you do for a living.

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
ok seen posts on here about what cars we drive.where we smoke what we look like havent seen one about occupations.i work in a print shop .im an operator on a m600 heatset printing press.so what about the rest of you
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    well until last month i had the most hated job in the country, a debt collector. now im a student again lol
  • Construction project manager and estimator for commercial construction and insurance repairs
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    well until last month i had the most hated job in the country, a debt collector. now im a student again lol
    I only hate them when I'm stuck with a debtor's previous cell number! Lol, I received calls for almost 3 years. Student sounds better though, what are you studying?

I work with a forensic economist, my title is a research associate. Next year, hopefully, I will be a student again too!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Paramedic
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    ok seen posts on here about what cars we drive.where we smoke what we look like havent seen one about occupations.i work in a print shop .im an operator on a m600 heatset printing press.so what about the rest of you
    I work two jobs because Bearswatter makes medical bills and 15% of infinity is infinity.

Primary job is IT geek for a company which specializes in reducing employers' unemployment compensation tax rates. The UC tax is a funny tax because it is a variable rate, not one set rate. The employer pays it; the employee gets the benefit; state governments mis-manage it. I put their operation on the cloud before there was a cloud.

My second job is a small business on the side, programming, hosting web sites, database work, and general puter geek. Been managing web sites since before there was a web.

Oh. Third gig: Every once in a while, I pretend to be a motorcycle mechanic. I used to bring back to life and flip a derelict bike every Winter for modest profit; but nowadays the market is so bad you can't make flips pay. So ever once in a while I fix a bike prob or do maintenance for someone.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I sell all lines of insurance.
    Gray4lines:
    The buffalonian:
    I only hate them when I'm stuck with a debtor's previous cell number! Lol, I received calls for almost 3 years. Student sounds better though, what are you studying?

I work with a forensic economist, my title is a research associate. Next year, hopefully, I will be a student again too!
    LOL that sound familiar, im going for Culinary Arts
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    www.bathsofamerica.com
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a mover and do general contracting
    Money can't buy taste
    zeebra:
    www.bathsofamerica.com
    man i thought it said bathsaltsamerica.com lol!! time for new glasses
    The buffalonian:
    zeebra:
    www.bathsofamerica.com
    man i thought it said bathsaltsamerica.com lol!! time for new glasses
    Yeah, before you cut your fingers off at culinary !
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    I practice science, mostly turning alcohol into urine.
    i practice the circle of life. i turn that urine into alcohol
    jliu:
    bandyt09:
    Can you recommend a cigar to pair that with?
    Gray4lines:
    jliu:
    bandyt09:
    why certainly mister gray. sweet and sour chicken cigar
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    At the moment i am a security guard. But just starting going to school for network system administrations (focus on network fundamentals). Which school is killing my cigar budget!! but i look at it as when im done with school my cigar budget will get bigger..
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a heavy equipment mechanic. I work for a fleet and while my mainstay is big equipment, I end up working on anything with an engine or wheels. Boats, dozers, excavators, pickups and the like.

Those trucks and equipment that keep the roads and passes open in the winter, when they break, I'm the guy they call to come out and get it back going.
    Been a mechanic for almost 30 years. Started as a marine diesel mechanic on the family fishing vessels in Alaska and then a diesel mechanic for 10 years for a logging company and now the job I got.
    There were many things I tried, but always ended up back as a mechanic. 15 more years and I can retire with full pension. LOL!

Sometimes a career chooses you and all you can do it ride it out. LOL!

I tried my hand at many things, but always seemed to get offers for jobs as a mechanic.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Hydrographic Surveyor / Marine Biologist. 30 years and I haven't sunk a boat yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    JHewey:
    At the moment i am a security guard. But just starting going to school for network system administrations (focus on network fundamentals). Which school is killing my cigar budget!! but i look at it as when im done with school my cigar budget will get bigger..
    right on dude, good luck with school. I've been in I.T. as a career since 94. Currently I'm a network engineer.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Gray4lines:
    jliu:
    bandyt09:
    why certainly mister gray. sweet and sour chicken cigar
    "Me Chinese, me play joke, me put pee pee in your Coke."
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow alot off potty humor right there
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Home Theater Tech and PC Tech. I am ISF (Image Science Foundation) certified for color accuracy in TVs.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Home Theater Tech and PC Tech. I am ISF (Image Science Foundation) certified for color accuracy in TVs.
    hmmm. I need a TV mounted above my fireplace with all the trimmings.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Good luck to all of you in school!

I am currently in a summer position in Information Techology. I am updating websites and creating custom reports for a big Micro$oft database system. My real job is "full time college student". I will begin my 3rd year in a "Computer Programmer Analyst" course in September. Oh, did I mention I'm a Grampa! Kickin butt in school with a 3.9 GPA
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a registered Polysomnographer. For 10 years, running sleep studies and now I score them and write the reports for the physicians. Applying to Gonzaga for their BS in Nursing program. Hope I get in...
    Bigshizza:
    I'm a registered Polysomnographer. For 10 years, running sleep studies and now I score them and write the reports for the physicians. Applying to Gonzaga for their BS in Nursing program. Hope I get in...
    you're gonna be a murse? like ****? hahah. right on! sure beats my desk job
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Railroad Conductor. Pays good and we used to have great benefits until our union screwed us. The old saying getting railroaded has significant meaning even today. Talk about a hostile work environment with no morale! It is a love/hate relationship. Blessed to have a good paying job.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    JHewey:
    right on dude, good luck with school. I've been in I.T. as a career since 94. Currently I'm a network engineer.
    Thanks and i am going to guess you like it?
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Combat trainer. Close-Quarters Marksmanship, Close-Quarters Battle (room and building clearing), Squad Live-fire, Convoy Operations, Crew-Served Weapons (M240B, M2HB .50 cal), Mk-19 40mm Grenade launcher.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    State Investigator of the abuse, neglect, and explotiation of the elderly and disabled.