Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Uno Puro from Argenese. Tried my second one of these today... the first was so asstastic it took over a year to work up the courage to fire up another one to see if the first was a fluke.

NOPE! Horrible taste, burn issues, tight draw, wispy smoke - this cigar pretty much brought home the gold medal in every event of the Sticks That Taste Like Goat Ass Olympics. LOL

• Options
    millennium115millennium115 Posts: 839
    if u have any more of the uno puro, ill be happy to take them off ur hands....trade? stav
  • Options
    millennium115:
    if u have any more of the uno puro, ill be happy to take them off ur hands....trade? stav
    Trade hell Stav - if I have any more they're yours! Will dig thru the humi's soon and see if Ive got any. Crazy insane busy right now, so if you dont hear something from me by the middle of next week, shoot me a pm to remind me please.

• Options
    millennium115millennium115 Posts: 839
    snds good brotha,.... just had rocky patel fusion.........fckn disgusting.........didnt like the taste of the dual wrapper.....i hated the ash on this stick....i had to keep ashing it .....the white ash was crumbling......and difficult time with the draw, first i punched it, then i cut it....and still bad....... im slowly losing interest in rp, but i still love his vintage 99 and his connecticut
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I honestly think RP is making his fanbase lose interest himself, in fact hes driving loyal smokers away with poor quality, acidic tasting brands that used to be delicious, all the while trying to lock in high prices. How do you have quality issues and decide to raise prices? I gave up on RP a few months back after an awful awful awful vintage 90 that was thrown out halfway thru.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    blurr:
    I honestly think RP is making his fanbase lose interest himself, in fact hes driving loyal smokers away with poor quality, acidic tasting brands that used to be delicious, all the while trying to lock in high prices. How do you have quality issues and decide to raise prices? I gave up on RP a few months back after an awful awful awful vintage 90 that was thrown out halfway thru.
    .. For some reason Rocky has not been in my humidor for a while. Perhaps I've smoked so many that I wanted to search out other makers to see what else is out there. I by no means plan on giving up on Rocky as his cigars have given me so much over the years.
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    It must have completely sucked getting bombed by you for a while! LOL I bet guys were crying in their driveways & sobbing "Why? WHY??? Why couldnt Joe have sent some Black N Milds? What did I do that was so wrong....???" LOL

Joe... you magnificent basturd! ROTFLMAO!!!!

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:
    It must have completely sucked getting bombed by you for a while! LOL I bet guys were crying in their driveways & sobbing "Why? WHY??? Why couldnt Joe have sent some Black N Milds? What did I do that was so wrong....???" LOL

Huh?
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:

Huh?
    It's his own quote within his own quote

"Quote-Ception!"
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    The Sniper:

Huh?
    It's his own quote within his own quote

"Quote-Ception!"
    I see... .... ....hmm
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a bunch of sticks mentioned that I've been looking at this is a good thread, my first purchase was a Gurka sampler and there were a few I hated but can't remember the names. But that was before I learned about resting them so who knows. I didn't like the Decade or Ruination until they had a few weeks in the humi.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    cuban bullet v.2 was just nasty or i should of just let it sit in my humi a bit longer
  • Options
    MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    OK, this may offend a few but for me, I will have to add the Cain Daytona to the list. I just was not impressed with this stick nor its flavor. I wouldn't put it in my "baseball infield dirt" taste but it is pretty close.

For a disclaimer, I'm more of a full bodied guy so....take it for what’s its worth.

The culprit was a Daytona Corona; I ordered 5 of them so i will be adding them to my Bomb rotation when that comes around.

If anyone wants to swap tem for some full bodied corona's let me know...we could put a package deal together.

Oh, while I’m typing, I highly recommend picking up the Kristoff Criolo. It's an awesome stick!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Mperconte:
    OK, this may offend a few but for me, I will have to add the Cain Daytona to the list. I just was not impressed with this stick nor its flavor. I wouldn't put it in my "baseball infield dirt" taste but it is pretty close.

For a disclaimer, I'm more of a full bodied guy so....take it for what’s its worth.

The culprit was a Daytona Corona; I ordered 5 of them so i will be adding them to my Bomb rotation when that comes around.

If anyone wants to swap tem for some full bodied corona's let me know...we could put a package deal together.

Oh, while I’m typing, I highly recommend picking up the Kristoff Criolo. It's an awesome stick!
    I'd have to agree with the Daytona, my girlfriend also said it smelled like a cigarette when I was smoking it
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    my girlfriend also said it smelled like a cigarette when I was smoking it
    That's about the harshest criticism I can possibly think of. Officially off my list of stuff to try. Just too much good stuff out there to bother.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    Mperconte:

I'd have to agree with the Daytona, my girlfriend also said it smelled like a cigarette when I was smoking it
    That's funny, I actually think it is the best of the entire Cain/Nub line. It has a lot more subtle flavors than the other Cain lines. The maduro is good, but it's very one dimensional where as the Cain seems to have more depth to it.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Hayblet:
    Mperconte:

That's funny, I actually think it is the best of the entire Cain/Nub line. It has a lot more subtle flavors than the other Cain lines. The maduro is good, but it's very one dimensional where as the Cain seems to have more depth to it.
    I also enjoyed the Daytona. I have to admit it took Redtailhawkoz bombing me with one, then pestering me about it for a few weeks to get me to try it, but Im glad he finally wore me down. Good little stick in the toro is you dont go into it with any preconceived "CAIN" notions. Thanks Oz!

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Hayblet:
    my girlfriend also said it smelled like a cigarette when I was smoking it
    That's about the harshest criticism I can possibly think of. Officially off my list of stuff to try. Just too much good stuff out there to bother.
    Nah, I'd say still try it out for yourself. There's plenty of sticks listed on this thread that I like (some a lot). You never know until you try yourself. I've never had a Daytona but have one in the humi I'm still looking forward to trying out. Now if I hate it I'll be revisiting this thread for sure!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Sherpa. Give them about six months to rest. There will be A definite improvement in overall taste.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Gurkha Sherpa. Give them about six months to rest. There will be A definite improvement in overall taste.
    LOL, I think that's the only stick I've ever put on this thread. I revisited it probably after a year or more of rest (had a couple in the bottom of the humi) and it was a drastic difference in flavor. Nothing award winning, but a pleasant yard-gar for sure.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    +1 to both the daytona and the sherpa...i didn't finish either
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Alex Williams:
    I'll second the Graycliff 1666!!
    I have a bunch with over a year on them. They improve vastly with some age.
    I had one that had rested for about a year and a half and it was pretty decent.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mperconte:

+1000 I don't know what a goat's ass tastes like but if I had to guess its gotta tastelike a Cain Daytona!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Never thought I'd have to post a stick here, a I'm pretty forgiving......you have to be when all you smoke is sub-$5 sticks (well I occassionally smoke "$10+" dollar sticks, but buy them on sale for under $5.

Thing was horrible. It was an Elite Series Churchill Maduro (house brand for another online cigar store that I haven't purchased from in a long time) - so......this stick has been in my humi since I started up cigars again late last year.

Looked OK - pre-light didn't smell too bad, but thought I smelled a hint of amonia?
    Fired it up and it went to hell in a hand-basket in less than 10 minutes. Initial taste must have truly been a goat's ass - a goats ass that had been taking an ammonia sitz bath.
    The ammonia really started coming through - which surprised me since it's been in my humi like almost 8 months.
    Couldn't stand it, gave up after less than an inch!
    Dissected it just for fun, and the filler looked like it was $hit that was swept off the floor - raggedy a$$ tobacco - blech!

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Necro-thread... Alec Bradley Havana Sun Grown, it was like smoking wet cardboard..
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I would say the Gurkha Crest, but I already described it as being a cross between the smell of dead bodies and South Korean rice paddies, with a metallic aftertaste like biting into a piece of foil.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I've tossed very few sticks... Nub Cameroon, Emilio suave, and a CAO but I can't remember which one. Otherwise...not too many have been that bad, but I've had plenty I didn't like.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    I would say the Gurkha Crest, but I already described it as being a cross between the smell of dead bodies and South Korean rice paddies, with a metallic aftertaste like biting into a piece of foil.
    Steve, sounds like you need to contribute a review here: www.cigardicks.com
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perdomo maduro...I think? Tried to block it out..yucky
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    catfishbluezz:
    Steve2010:
    Steve, sounds like you need to contribute a review here: www.cigardicks.com
    Indeed. The Crest was my first review on the CCOM Forums.

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/361286.aspx