Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    You Obsidian haters can take a long walk on a short pier.Wink [;)] Smoking one tonight and it's far from goat ass...Not a world beater, but a decent stick imo. And wonder of wonders, it's burning even and the draw is good. I think age is the trick, though I'll find out for sure when i have a few more.
    Soooooo you just had to dedicate a full mazos worth of space in your humidor.

For 3 years.

For a "decent" smoke.

Sounds great! Big Smile [:D]

In all seriousness though glad to hear it burned ok. Let us know how the others do. I'm curious to hear how they burn.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lol. Not saying I would do the same if I had it to do again, but at least they seem to be working out now. Once I confirm that they're smoking well, I'm gonna bomb Sniper with a bundle.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    j0z3r:
    Lol. Not saying I would do the same if I had it to do again, but at least they seem to be working out now. Once I confirm that they're smoking well, I'm gonna bomb Sniper with a bundle.
    When you say "They're" you mean more of the Avo LE '10's "they" and not the Obsidian "they" right Joe?

Right Joe?

Joe? Joe?

Answer me Joe... please... :-)

• Options
    The Sniper:
    j0z3r:
    When you say "They're" you mean more of the Avo LE '10's "they" and not the Obsidian "they" right Joe?

Right Joe?

Joe? Joe?

Heh heh heh....
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    j0z3r:

Right Joe?

Joe? Joe?

Heh heh heh....
    Aw d@mn bro... dont make me have to resort to a Graycliff 1666 ordinance! Peace between us! Peace between us!

• Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    jsnake:
    MrMoke:
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:
    I just smoked the worst cigar in the world. I have NEVER thrown out a stick. I threw this SOB out half way through because I was about to puke. Padron 2000 tastes like you are licking a cigarette smoker's ashtray. Absolutely the worst cigar I have ever smoked in my life. THE WORST
    That really surprises me. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Padrons.
    I have never heard a bad thing about Padron either. I am being 100% honest though. I hope it was just a random bad cigar.
    snake, was this your first Padron experience? Or have you had good Padrons before?
    This was my only Padron I have ever had.
    If I may suggest a re-visitation......... try the Padron Maduro Delicias or Londres.

They will rock your world.
    Jsnake lilwing88 is correct, I especially like the Londres, I have some in my humi that have been resting 6 - 8 years, yummi !! pm me your details and I'll send you a couple of sticks.
    6 to 8 years! Holy Schmoly that has me drooling thinking about it. I sent a PM and will definitely revisit Padron. My bro-in-law loves them but said the 2000 is his least favorite. I have another one in the humi not sure which one it is though. If you feel inclined to send something I will definitely smoke it and report back. Heck I might do up a review on a review site with one.

While I haven't had a regular Padron yet, (I have a couple in my humidor that I just haven't gotten around to yet) The Padron Anniversary Series are some of the best cigars I have ever had the pleasure to smoke, especially the 1964 Imperial! They're expensive, but completely worth it IMHO. So complex, I have yet to find another cigar like them. ;) Give it a try! I bet you'd love it!
  • Options
    As for goat's butt, I'd have to go with the Romeo Y Julieta Habana Reserve. Great burn and draw, but it tasted like I was smoking a rolled up piece of paper. Sorry to those who love 'em, I can't find it in myself to revisit this one.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Dont feel bad----and Ill do you one better. I have never had ANY Romero y Julieta outside of ISOMs that I thought was worth smoking again, and the majority of them were indeed...the goats rear end.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Anyone notice Joe's favorite stick up on daily deal? Perfect time to grab a few more bundles there Joe!
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Anyone notice Joe's favorite stick up on daily deal? Perfect time to grab a few more bundles there Joe!
    Hey Tony, can you buy about 5 bundles and hold them for me? I swear I'm good for it.Wink [;)]
  • Options
    No prob, you need me to hold on to them for about 3-4 years or so?
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    No prob, you need me to hold on to them for about 3-4 years or so?
    I'll let you know when I'm ready for them.
  • Options
    Right on homie, they'll be waiting for you.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    LMAO! Ya beat me to it Alien!!! :-)

• Options
    You Guys. lol. I've got no illusions about the Obsidian, once upon a time I thought it was a good cigar, but time changes many things and with the inherent construction issues the Obsidian is prone to, even I have a hard time justifying it as anything more than decent...and I've been one of the few people who don't flat out hate it. I've really wanted to like the Obsidian, but the damn cigar makes it a hard one to like, even when I get a good one the flavor just doesn't make up for the pain in the ass most of them have been. That's why I think it only fair to part ways with my remaining bundle and send it on to Sniper who secretly loves the Obsidian...that's right fellas, for all the public badmouthing he does, Glen has confided to me, in private, that he can't get enough of the Obsidian. No use denying your love Glen, we accept you with open arms for all that you are as well as all that you are not. My generosity brings tears to my eyes sometimes. Big Smile [:D]
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    You Guys. lol. I've got no illusions about the Obsidian, once upon a time I thought it was a good cigar, but time changes many things and with the inherent construction issues the Obsidian is prone to, even I have a hard time justifying it as anything more than decent...and I've been one of the few people who don't flat out hate it. I've really wanted to like the Obsidian, but the damn cigar makes it a hard one to like, even when I get a good one the flavor just doesn't make up for the pain in the ass most of them have been. That's why I think it only fair to part ways with my remaining bundle and send it on to Sniper who secretly loves the Obsidian...that's right fellas, for all the public badmouthing he does, Glen has confided to me, in private, that he can't get enough of the Obsidian. No use denying your love Glen, we accept you with open arms for all that you are as well as all that you are not. My generosity brings tears to my eyes sometimes. Big Smile [:D]
    Joe, let me know when you send them to Glen so I can put a mazo of 1666's in there for him as well, it would be just like Christmas in March for him..........LOL
  • Options
    Might I add one more? La Herencia Cubana Robusto. I've had the toro and loved it, but the robusto tasted like an ash tray full of goat s*** that was found in a dumpster. Just my opinion though. ;)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have yet to smoke a LHC that I didn't enjoy, must have been a bad stick
  • Options
    That's what I'm guessing, I'll try a few more to see. I love the toro. I found the Oscuro Fuerte to be terrible as well, and I've had more than a few of those. I'll just stick with the original toro to be safe. :)
  • Options
    JapilisJapilis Posts: 11
    i might get banned... But i have had two Oliva master Blends and could not finish the last one. struggled with the first so thought i needed to let it rest some more. so revisited it a couple weeks ago and could not finish the stick. threw it away after 10 puffs and gave the remaining two to a buddy. I got one left and ii will let it rest coma style and will try an wake it up later this year..
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I haven't been a fan of Oliva at all. Need to try the mater blend.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    rossdavey2:
    I haven't been a fan of Oliva at all. Need to try the mater blend.
    I used to love their sticks when I first started. But now I never pick them up anymore.

• Options
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    Joe, let me know when you send them to Glen so I can put a mazo of 1666's in there for him as well, it would be just like Christmas in March for him..........LOL
    LMAO! Too funny fellas - on the Obsidian anyway. I do however have a dark secret to confess....

A while back, I decided it was time to stop the blind hatred & explore the Graycliff lines more fully. Had the 1666 and HATED IT, one of the worst cigars Ive ever had. However, I recently purchase a cuple sampler packs of them with the express intent of tossing them in a dark corner of a humidor and forgetting about them for a couple years. I figured that since Ive recently learned the lesson that aging can turn a good stick into a phenominal stick, maybe some age could do something for a dog rocket like the 1666 also. Purely scientific you see.

Much like....

j0z3r...

did with the Obsidians.

I'M A BAD PERSON!!! :-(

• Options
    Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic in the 1952 size. It is a petite corona (4.2" x 40) and it is A-W-F-U-L!!! I love this cigar in the 1979 (robusto) size, but in the 1952? Well, I would honestly rather smoke a Swisher Sweet. What a difference vitola can make!

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    LMAO! Too funny fellas - on the Obsidian anyway. I do however have a dark secret to confess....

A while back, I decided it was time to stop the blind hatred & explore the Graycliff lines more fully. Had the 1666 and HATED IT, one of the worst cigars Ive ever had. However, I recently purchase a cuple sampler packs of them with the express intent of tossing them in a dark corner of a humidor and forgetting about them for a couple years. I figured that since Ive recently learned the lesson that aging can turn a good stick into a phenominal stick, maybe some age could do something for a dog rocket like the 1666 also. Purely scientific you see.

Much like....

j0z3r...

did with the Obsidians.

I'M A BAD PERSON!!! :-(

Aside from the 1666, Graycliff's a great line. I've smoked several of every stick they make, except for the candela, and g2 Connecticut. Their pricing is a bit out of whack, and they have some consistency issues, but if you shop around and be patient you can get most of their blends for very reasonable amounts.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    1666 has never done anything for me either.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    +1....unless you count making me feel like I wasted money---it has done that for me.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    dennisking:
    +1....unless you count making me feel like I wasted money---it has done that for me.
    awesome!!! it's not even a Graycliff by their standards. it was created to meet the internet market needs.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    dennisking:
    i would agree but ive never paid for one.
    ...thankfully.

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a fan of the Graycliff line. But, only the ones from the Bahamas. The others, well not so much. If you look around, you can get a good price on almost the entire line. I just picked up a 15er of the new Platinum Ed. Limited Robustos for $46.