Options

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    j0z3r:
    MBISON:
    Has anyone tried the DE Natural "EGG"???? Totally flavorless. Burn and construction were frustrating.... to say the least. Same thing with the "MEDUSA". Totally gimmicky and dissapointing! GOAT A$$ AWARDEES!!!!
    Lol, perfect timing, I'm smoking an Egg right now. The curiosity finally got to me. Wouldn't say goat ass, but certainly not impressive flavor. Construction and burn are fine, wonder what will happen in the bulge.
    anything that was decent went away into the bulge. I'll say goat ass award goes to this one.
    Damn, I have one of these I'm going to try.

• Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    j0z3r:
    MBISON:
    Has anyone tried the DE Natural "EGG"???? Totally flavorless. Burn and construction were frustrating.... to say the least. Same thing with the "MEDUSA". Totally gimmicky and dissapointing! GOAT A$$ AWARDEES!!!!
    Lol, perfect timing, I'm smoking an Egg right now. The curiosity finally got to me. Wouldn't say goat ass, but certainly not impressive flavor. Construction and burn are fine, wonder what will happen in the bulge.
    anything that was decent went away into the bulge. I'll say goat ass award goes to this one.

Mine is waiting too
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Don't let my experience spoil it for you guys, I think mine needed some rest to balance out a bit, it seemed over humidified, so that might account for a lot.
  • Options
    MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    j0z3r:
    MBISON:
    Good Luck on that one...... Mine got real messy....
  • Options
    CAO brizilia horrible after the first half inch
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Christian_Sapp:
    Probably just a bum stick. Did you only try one? Because the CAO Brazilia is one of the best CAO sticks out there.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Christian_Sapp:
    Probably just a bum stick. Did you only try one? Because the CAO Brazilia is one of the best CAO sticks out there.
    I wouldn't call goat ass on the Brazilia, but I wasn't terribly impressed. No accounting for different palates though. For my money, La Traviata is the one of the few good cigars with the CAO name on it.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    wwhwang:
    Christian_Sapp:
    I wouldn't call goat ass on the Brazilia, but I wasn't terribly impressed. No accounting for different palates though. For my money, La Traviata is the one of the few good cigars with the CAO name on it.
    I love the Brazilia with a quart of Chocolate Milk... or a half gallon which ever I have at the time, can't say I've had the La Traviata yet though
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    j0z3r:
    MBISON:

Oh no! Hope I didnt send you a terrible gift Stephen - if I did, it was an accident!!!

• Options
    5 out of the 8 blends that I've had from AJ. Yes, humidity was correct, cigars were rested, ect. Just don't like them at all. Sorry guys. Now, if you please, commence the verbal flogging.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    thehoff:
    5 out of the 8 blends that I've had from AJ. Yes, humidity was correct, cigars were rested, ect. Just don't like them at all. Sorry guys. Now, if you please, commence the verbal flogging.
    Hmmmm normally I would berate you, but I noticed your avatar.
    Someone on these forums told me about Kraken Spiced Rum...
    You get a pass.

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Acid Wafer or wafe or whatever. Yeah it was like 5 or 6 years ago, but it was so bad I'm still thinking about it and I'll never try another Acid. I know its bad form to write off a brand because of one bad stick, but I'm ok with that for the flavored ones. Plus I needed a good Goat a$$ stick for my first post on this thread and this thing was the worst "cigar" I've ever had.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Acid Wafer or wafe or whatever. Yeah it was like 5 or 6 years ago, but it was so bad I'm still thinking about it and I'll never try another Acid. I know its bad form to write off a brand because of one bad stick, but I'm ok with that for the flavored ones. Plus I needed a good Goat a$$ stick for my first post on this thread and this thing was the worst "cigar" I've ever had.

I agree when I first started smoking 6 years ago, I tried the Acid wafe on a recommendation of the Tobacconist at the old B&M, since I was green on cigar knowledge. The novelty of the square box-presss was interesting, but the flavor was awful, and it burned hot.
    My wife tried one at the same time and put it out after the 3rd puff.
    Goat's Ass 100%
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    baccarat....the one with the sweetened cap.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    thehoff:
    Consider yourself flogged, you speak with a forked tongue you infidel! LOL
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    thehoff:
    wow... just goes to show you everyone has different tastes...
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I didn't feel like wading through 18 pages of goat ass, so I don't know if anyone's said this but I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there: Verdadero Organic. I was super stoked about trying this stick and it was goat ass. I tried another 6 months later...... Goat ass!!!!! ......so, yeah, Verdadero Organic = Goat ass.
  • Options
    My friend tried to say there is merit in a dutch masters while I smoked an ITC Maduro. Obviously, the Dutch master was straight goat-ass. It smelled like play-dough for god's sake!
  • Options
    smbrink:
    I didn't feel like wading through 18 pages of goat ass, so I don't know if anyone's said this but I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there: Verdadero Organic. I was super stoked about trying this stick and it was goat ass. I tried another 6 months later...... Goat ass!!!!! ......so, yeah, Verdadero Organic = Goat ass.
    There are many here who like that stick but I am not one of them although I didn't think it was goat butt
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    My friend tried to say there is merit in a dutch masters while I smoked an ITC Maduro. Obviously, the Dutch master was straight goat-ass. It smelled like play-dough for god's sake!
    Don't you love it when you know positively without a doubt you are right and the other guy is just winging it?
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    smbrink:
    I've always liked the Verdadero Organic, esp early in my smoking career. But I have had a bum stick before that just didn't taste good. Most people's knock on this stick is that it is too mild - give it another try if you get a chance, you may be surprised.
  • Options
    Certianly is. Although he still prefers his machine made sticks but mark my words... I will get him smoking premium handmades once and for all!!
  • Options
    I might take some flak for this one but I was most definitely not a fan of the Montecristo White. I had picked up a Toro and I was hardpressed to finish it. It was aged correctly, I believe, at the correct humidity and temperature. Maybe I got a bad one so I'll have to try again but that just wasn't one for me. As for other sticks on here, I'm no longer a fan of the Gurkha's. Again, I'll go back and revisit but most i have gotten were close to plugged with kind of a gnarly taste. I have tried quite a few of them too, so I feel confident saying I am not a fan.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    RP Cargo. Absolutely horrible. Taste-wise, construction-wise and burn-factor..... one big "strike-out".
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    cigarmonkey:
    I might take some flak for this one but I was most definitely not a fan of the Montecristo White. I had picked up a Toro and I was hardpressed to finish it. It was aged correctly, I believe, at the correct humidity and temperature. Maybe I got a bad one so I'll have to try again but that just wasn't one for me. As for other sticks on here, I'm no longer a fan of the Gurkha's. Again, I'll go back and revisit but most i have gotten were close to plugged with kind of a gnarly taste. I have tried quite a few of them too, so I feel confident saying I am not a fan.
    I don't like most Connies. The only ones I like slightly are Avo and Davidoff. Other than that, all Connies taste like goats ass to me.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    thehoff:
    May I ask which ones you liked and which you didnt?? I said the same, or at least similar, thing a few months ago and talked to Alex about it here actually. Odd how everyones palate is so different, and nice to see someone who agrees with mine:).......Again, what was your take on the good and bad?