Options

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Duder2:
    wwestern:
    Rocky Patel Double Maduro.... goat ass.
    Hey Wes, I'll take any you might have taking up space in your humi... ;^)
    I've been meaning to try these... My local place doesn't have them so maybe I will toss one or two on the end of my next order. I have heard good things but RP's just seem "weird" to me. Not sure what it is, they just seem "cheap" I guess. I love the '90 and '92 and the Royal Vintage is decent if you can get them on sale. I think I just talked myself in to throwing in a couple next time I call Jeff..
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    ejenne87:
    Duder2:
    wwestern:
    I've been meaning to try these... My local place doesn't have them so maybe I will toss one or two on the end of my next order. I have heard good things but RP's just seem "weird" to me. Not sure what it is, they just seem "cheap" I guess. I love the '90 and '92 and the Royal Vintage is decent if you can get them on sale. I think I just talked myself in to throwing in a couple next time I call Jeff..
    Yeah, the Fusion MM is made by Aj Fernandez, so it's kind of a mix of Rocky and Aj's style.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    ejenne87:
    Duder2:
    wwestern:
    Yeah, the Fusion MM is made by Aj Fernandez, so it's kind of a mix of Rocky and Aj's style.
    Sorry brother they went out already maybe it was a bum stick but I may never know.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Perdomo ESV 91 Connecticut... and the NUB Connecticut.
    Worst Connies ever.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

That's just crazy talk right there.Wink [;)]
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Just saw what you got today... Lol. But seriously I don't dig em.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

To each their own, I say. I really dig the ESV conn., the Nub not so much, but I don't hate it. The ESV maduro isn't half bad either.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Just out of curiosity, how many have you had? The esv tastes like many other, or at least is similar too many other Connecticuts on the market. I would venture to say that maybe you just don't like Connecticuts.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Just out of curiosity, how many have you had? The esv tastes like many other, or at least is similar too many other Connecticuts on the market. I would venture to say that maybe you just don't like Connecticuts.
    Nope love me some shade connies... the Gran Habano #1, the Oliva Connie, the Gurkha Symphony all great smokes.
    This thing however goats ass.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Russ55:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Nope love me some shade connies... the Gran Habano #1, the Oliva Connie, the Gurkha Symphony all great smokes.

Interesting. Well, to each his own.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Russ55:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

I find it interesting that I like all three of those as well, and yet we feel differently about the ESV. To me though, that's the beauty of cigars, we don't all have to like the same thing and the depth of the industry supports all palates.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Russ55:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

I find it interesting that I like all three of those as well, and yet we feel differently about the ESV. To me though, that's the beauty of cigars, we don't all have to like the same thing and the depth of the industry supports all palates.
    I second that J0z3r.....i'm a big Perdomo fan and the ESV are one of my fav sticks out there. Sorry you dont like em Hannibal....but thats what makes us all special! The stick i dont like are Puros Indios.....i tried several....but they make me puke.
  • Options
    AQUADGIO1200:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Russ55:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

I second that J0z3r.....i'm a big Perdomo fan and the ESV are one of my fav sticks out there. Sorry you dont like em Hannibal....but thats what makes us all special! The stick i dont like are Puros Indios.....i tried several....but they make me puke.
    HOLD THY TONGUE BLASPHEMER!!!!! lol Wink [;)]
    so true.

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    stephen_hannibal:
    Russ55:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Funny I would take the NUB any day of the week over the Gran Habano.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Bro I am one of the few people here who doesn't like any of the Nubs. tried several and just didn't see why everyone thought they were so good. They came off to me as nothing but a gimmick.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

Bro I am one of the few people here who doesn't like any of the Nubs. tried several and just didn't see why everyone thought they were so good. They came off to me as nothing but a gimmick.
    I agree, the Nub Conn. is the only one I think is even half decent, and there are several $2 cigars I'd take any day over that one.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    fla-gypsy:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

I agree, the Nub Conn. is the only one I think is even half decent, and there are several $2 cigars I'd take any day over that one.
    I half agree... I really liked the Cameroon 358, but i think the clincher is the price.
    If this were priced 50% lower they'd be ok but the current price point is way to high for far to little flavor.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    fla-gypsy:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Worst Connies ever.

I half agree... I really liked the Cameroon 358, but i think the clincher is the price.
    If this were priced 50% lower they'd be ok but the current price point is way to high for far to little flavor.

I really liked the first Nub Cameroon I had, after that one I couldn't get any flavor from them. I really like Cameroon wrappers, but I think the filler and binder combo needs to have certain elements to complete the cigar, in that respect the Nub cam. is a huge disappointment in my eyes. As I've said though, different smokes for different folks, I hardly expect my exact tastes to be shared by anyone else.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I tried my third nub connie last week...still didnt like it...officially dead in my books guys!
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I'm going to give NUBs another go. So far I have'nt been too overly impressed with any of them.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I liked the Nub Habano, but the maduro and connie weren't anything to write home about. I need to revisit the cameroon, though.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Cameroon very much. Just got a maduro. Hope it's good gonna try it soon.
  • Options
    I don't care for any of the Nubs, or anything Sam Leccia, but I wouldn't say they're goat ass. That's a bit much.
  • Options
    CAO Soprano

Had my 3rd one of the 5 pack and each one has been just awful. It's weird because I enjoy the Brazilia and the Sopranos had a few months humi time too.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Big T smokes:
    wwhwang:
    vegassparky:
    LithiumJake:
    ACID Kuba Kuba... tasted like a lit up a roll of potpourri
    +1. tried one this weekend. tried being the key work ....about five minutes in, i was done...yuck
    Try ACID cold infusion tea. Tasted like old cut grass rolled and aged in a vat of sugar.
    I've personally never has an ACID that I actually liked. I rarely run down a cigar and I wouldn't say ACIDs are horrible... but they aren't my cup of tea (pardon the pun). Not to get too Dennis LEary on you gentleman, but I like Tobacco flavored tobacco.
    I was reading through and saw this and actually laughed out loud. My roommate looked at me like I was deranged.

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    bacon.jay:
    Big T smokes:
    wwhwang:
    vegassparky:
    LithiumJake:
    ACID Kuba Kuba... tasted like a lit up a roll of potpourri
    +1. tried one this weekend. tried being the key work ....about five minutes in, i was done...yuck
    Try ACID cold infusion tea. Tasted like old cut grass rolled and aged in a vat of sugar.
    I've personally never has an ACID that I actually liked. I rarely run down a cigar and I wouldn't say ACIDs are horrible... but they aren't my cup of tea (pardon the pun). Not to get too Dennis LEary on you gentleman, but I like Tobacco flavored tobacco.
    I was reading through and saw this and actually laughed out loud. My roommate looked at me like I was deranged.

Oddly, all the DE non flavored I have, I like. COLD INFUSION TEA DID COME STRAIGHT FROM A GOATS ASS!
  • Options
    MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    Has anyone tried the DE Natural "EGG"???? Totally flavorless. Burn and construction were frustrating.... to say the least. Same thing with the "MEDUSA". Totally gimmicky and dissapointing! GOAT A$$ AWARDEES!!!!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    MBISON:
    Has anyone tried the DE Natural "EGG"???? Totally flavorless. Burn and construction were frustrating.... to say the least. Same thing with the "MEDUSA". Totally gimmicky and dissapointing! GOAT A$$ AWARDEES!!!!
    This is why I avoid anything by Drew Estates expect for the Liga Privada and Joya de Nicaragua lines.
  • Options
    MBISON:
    Lol, perfect timing, I'm smoking an Egg right now. The curiosity finally got to me. Wouldn't say goat ass, but certainly not impressive flavor. Construction and burn are fine, wonder what will happen in the bulge.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    MBISON:
    Lol, perfect timing, I'm smoking an Egg right now. The curiosity finally got to me. Wouldn't say goat ass, but certainly not impressive flavor. Construction and burn are fine, wonder what will happen in the bulge.
    anything that was decent went away into the bulge. I'll say goat ass award goes to this one.