Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    dennisking:
    1666 has never done anything for me either.
    +1....unless you count making me feel like I wasted money---it has done that for me.
    i would agree but ive never paid for one.
    ...thankfully.

I was given one months ago.. You guys have convinced me to let it sleep for a LONG time. Glad I didn't pay for it as well.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    I am a fan of the Graycliff line. But, only the ones from the Bahamas. The others, well not so much. If you look around, you can get a good price on almost the entire line. I just picked up a 15er of the new Platinum Ed. Limited Robustos for $46.
    Not that I think it matters, but the Ltd. Platinum and Ltd. Crystal are not made it the Bahamas. I too am a fan of the Bahamas made blends, but the Crystal and Platinum Ltd. are both solid cigars imo, even though they're made in Nicaragua, and they carry the signature Graycliff taste fairly well.
  • Options
    MarmicoMarmico Posts: 93
    Just had a Nica Libre Principe that I had high hopes for, but was let down about 3 puffs into it when it started to taste like straight ash. Love the rest of the line, but this was pretty disappointing. Oh well, I'll live to smoke another day!
  • Options
    rah0785rah0785 Posts: 9
    ljl:
    Devil's weed!!!!

YES,  DEVILS WEED!!! Every inch of size.  SOOOO BAD!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    no need to yell
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    no need to yell
    If your deaf like I am it is helpful lol

Would like to know is the Sherpa Cafe and the Obsidian really as bad as reported here? I ordered a 5 pack of the Sherpa before I got to that post and put the brakes on an order of the Obsidian. Are they really goat ass smokes?
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'll reiterate what me and someone were discussing a few pages back - the Sherpa was the worst cigar I've ever had. I mean it had this nasty bitter taste that I can't describe how bad it was. Now that was my first one. Fast forward to about 18 months or so later, I dig one out of the humi that I forgot about and it was a nice cigar esp for the price. Nothing to really write home about, but a decent stick for sure - I was very pleasantly surprised.

Now, I don't know if the first one was a bum stick, or if these things really need a little age to make them decent, or maybe a little of both. Either way, just give em a shot - if your first one sucks, just bury it and revisit it down the road - you've got nothing to lose!

As for the Obsidian, no idea - never had one..

**EDIT - I was talking about the Sherpa, not the Sherpa Cafe. I've heard they're better than the regular Sherpa
  • Options
    Thanks Heavy!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Heavy:
    I'll reiterate what me and someone were discussing a few pages back - the Sherpa was the worst cigar I've ever had. I mean it had this nasty bitter taste that I can't describe how bad it was. Now that was my first one. Fast forward to about 18 months or so later, I dig one out of the humi that I forgot about and it was a nice cigar esp for the price. Nothing to really write home about, but a decent stick for sure - I was very pleasantly surprised.

Now, I don't know if the first one was a bum stick, or if these things really need a little age to make them decent, or maybe a little of both. Either way, just give em a shot - if your first one sucks, just bury it and revisit it down the road - you've got nothing to lose!

As for the Obsidian, no idea - never had one..

**EDIT - I was talking about the Sherpa, not the Sherpa Cafe. I've heard they're better than the regular Sherpa
    MTuccelli, to pile on what Heavy has said here - there is a WORLD of difference between the Sherpa (which is absolute goat ass) and the Sherpa CAFE, which is a really good stick. I think you made the right call nixing the Obsidians, but I would suggest you let the Sherpa Cafe's ride. Tasty mild smoke that wont break the bank. Make sure to shoot me a PM after you smoke one or two, would love to hear what you think of them.

• Options
    The Sniper:
    . Make sure to shoot me a PM after you smoke one or two, would love to hear what you think of them.
    Will do Sniper
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Would like to know is the Sherpa Cafe and the Obsidian really as bad as reported here? I ordered a 5 pack of the Sherpa before I got to that post and put the brakes on an order of the Obsidian. Are they really goat ass smokes?
    Don't know about the sherpa's but yes the Obsidians are that bad. If you happen to get one that doesn't taste like a camping hippie's bunghole, it will burn like crap and not stay lit.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    You can bomb me with a few obisidians joZer!!! I asked about if a drawpoker works and got called an idiot pretty much, just for asking. I still never follow too much about forum-speak, people tend to jump on the bandwagon too much for each particular forum;s in-crowd like/dislikes. I've disagreed with so many hated on sticks for each individual forum I check regularly that I learned early on try every cigar for yourself before you start bashing, and even if you do remember there is ALWAYS someone who loves the cigar you think is a ****.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    rah0785:
    ljl:
    Devil's weed!!!!

YES,  DEVILS WEED!!! Every inch of size.  SOOOO BAD!
    I actually enjoy the Devils Weed Nicot I think it is (Churchill) a very tasty mild smoke.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    blurr:
    You can bomb me with a few obisidians joZer!!! I asked about if a drawpoker works and got called an idiot pretty much, just for asking. I still never follow too much about forum-speak, people tend to jump on the bandwagon too much for each particular forum;s in-crowd like/dislikes. I've disagreed with so many hated on sticks for each individual forum I check regularly that I learned early on try every cigar for yourself before you start bashing, and even if you do remember there is ALWAYS someone who loves the cigar you think is a ****.
    Easy, now. Nobody called you an idiot. The hating on the Obsidian is based on people's personal experiences with that stick's burn problems and the sarcasm surrounding those sticks are simply long standing, good-natured back and forth jabbing among friends.

There's no in-crowd here, everyone's welcome. And yes, the only way to know for sure is to try the cigar for yourself. If you take a look at the trades section you'll see all kinds of threads where people are trading sticks they don't like to others who do like them. Each palate is different and everyone respects that.

The Obsidian is an easy target because so many people have had problems with their burns but by no means were you being belittled. The members on this forum are a very accepting group of people, even the retarded ones.
  • Options
    LOL!!! Your last sentence made my day...and my new sig line. Thanks - hope you don't mind!
  • Options
    Ok I smoked a Pioneer Valley and I now have a reference to what a goats ass taste like. This cigar was so bad not even brushing my teeth and mouth wash would get the funk out of my mouth. I ended up having to siphon some gas out of the car to finally get rid of the taste!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Heavy:
    LOL!!! Your last sentence made my day...and my new sig line. Thanks - hope you don't mind!
    Funny, because I just quoted you in MY signature :-P
  • Options
    HAHA - bucha damn comedians around here I guess!!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    The members on this forum are a very accepting group of people, even the retarded ones.
    DONUT CAW ME WEETAWDID! AH UMNOT WEETAWDID AH UM MINTAWY CAHWINGID! AND MINTAWY CAHWINGID PEPOW DOUGHNT WIKE....

Oh, Fuente! SHINY!!!! :-)

• Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Well I had a Romeo Y Juliet Reserva Real yesterday and I must say I didn't enjoy it. It tasted like dirt, literally, and rough on the palate. Maybe it was a bad stick, IDK, it was my first one but I won't be buying one again. It was a mild brand, don't know the name of the roll or shape or whatever. I'm still learing that part.
  • Options
    jfaciane:
    Well I had a Romeo Y Juliet Reserva Real yesterday and I must say I didn't enjoy it. It tasted like dirt, literally, and rough on the palate. Maybe it was a bad stick, IDK, it was my first one but I won't be buying one again. It was a mild brand, don't know the name of the roll or shape or whatever. I'm still learing that part.
    Weird, those have always been smooth and creamy for me.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    jfaciane:
    Well, IDK then. It was the mild one, light wrapper and small ring gauge. What kind did you smoke? Give me a recommendation and I'll give it another try.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    jfaciane:
    bigharpoon:
    jfaciane:
    Well, IDK then. It was the mild one, light wrapper and small ring gauge. What kind did you smoke? Give me a recommendation and I'll give it another try.

First things first, sorry you had a bad experience with that. It sounds to me like you may have had a bad stick. Then again, it could be that old saying, everyones palate is different. I'm almost half way through a box of robusto's. And I haven't had one issue with them. Of course I usually have them in the morning with coffee. But still, no issue's. I say revisit it. For example, I had a Padilla 1932. It was nasty to me. I told a friend of mines that and he thought I was crazy. It was a fuller body and I wasn't use to it. Now, I like them. Now a RJ Reserva Real is no full body, but it is for me a smooth and creamy smoke that goes very well with a coffee break. I think, revisit...
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    jfaciane:
    bigharpoon:
    jfaciane:

First things first, sorry you had a bad experience with that. It sounds to me like you may have had a bad stick. Then again, it could be that old saying, everyones palate is different. I'm almost half way through a box of robusto's. And I haven't had one issue with them. Of course I usually have them in the morning with coffee. But still, no issue's. I say revisit it. For example, I had a Padilla 1932. It was nasty to me. I told a friend of mines that and he thought I was crazy. It was a fuller body and I wasn't use to it. Now, I like them. Now a RJ Reserva Real is no full body, but it is for me a smooth and creamy smoke that goes very well with a coffee break. I think, revisit...
    Will do. Also, it's also one of my first sticks in my humidor and of the 5 or so I started out with, two were dry like that. Maybe my humidor wasn't seasoned enough or something and it did take me a while to get the humidity and all right. Now it's all good in there and I have like 15 sticks and waiting on 2 more orders from this site.
  • Options
    Sounds like maybe they need a little more time to get some moisture back into the leaves. Leave them for a handful of weeks and try them again later. What you described could be explained with a super dry stick.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Sounds like maybe they need a little more time to get some moisture back into the leaves. Leave them for a handful of weeks and try them again later. What you described could be explained with a super dry stick.
    Roger that! FYI, I just had a Oliva Serie O and it was amazing! I'm still buzzing from that bad boy.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Anything by Victor Sinclair!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:

Take that back or I'll show you another new beginning. And this cigar goes great with water, no joke....
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The NUB Habano... worst cigar I've had in awhile.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    PuroFreak:

Take that back or I'll show you another new beginning. And this cigar goes great with water, no joke....
    Haha My bad... but they've all sucked that I've had.