Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    sigh..........wimped out on the black Pearls again.........my cigar budget is blown up already..........I don't even know why I'm looking at this

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    $24.17 quite a price for the Dirty Dozen II Sampler IMHO
  • Options
    +1
    $32 for 20 Black Pearls aint too shabby either
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    and again the MOW puro authentico get taken away fom me!
  • Options
    the MOW PA have been sold for less b4, but still a solid price @ about $40 or so
  • Options
    Argh, should've pulled the trigger on the Black Pearls.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im gunna have to stay up late some night when nobody is around so that i can let it get very low and then get a seriously awesome deal.
  • Options
    I just sent an email (actually about a hour ago) to the Beard, and dared him and Alex to put some Fuente Short Storys and Best Sellers on there
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    im gunna have to stay up late some night when nobody is around so that i can let it get very low and then get a seriously awesome deal.
    +1 thank god i work 3rd shift so im used to being up all night..
  • Options
    Keep in mind that there seems to be a maximum/minimum price that they 'sprint away' at...not necessarily sold for though....great idea to try the crazy hours...let us know how that works...I am off to bed!
  • Options
    bearb:
    Keep in mind that there seems to be a maximum/minimum price that they 'sprint away' at...not necessarily sold for though....great idea to try the crazy hours...let us know how that works...I am off to bed!
    sure you are...............
    you'll be back to check it one more time..................

• Options
    you are so correct....it is a tad bit addictive now isn't it!?!?!?
  • Options
    bearb:
    you are so correct....it is a tad bit addictive now isn't it!?!?!?
    lmao......I only know because I tried to walk away twice.....fail

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Every time I walk away, something comes up that I have been waiting for...sigh. Gunna have to check this out in the whee hours of the morning.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That LPH Classic Collection just went for $32...you can buy it on C.com for $29.95! I've seen this happen on several items already!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    That LPH Classic Collection just went for $32...you can buy it on C.com for $29.95! I've seen this happen on several items already!
    Similar events have happened already a few times - Alex isn't sweating too much I think.....
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    That will happen a lot if you don't know your prices.
  • Options
    Of course, there's guys like me who are waiting for a stupid cheap deal and will miss everything (like those Man'O'War rubostos, grumble grumble...)
  • Options
    Lost my "cigarsprintsale" virginity..........now I can go to bed.................MoW Robustos............very good deal.....best I've ever seen
  • Options
    Hippiebrian:
    Of course, there's guys like me who are waiting for a stupid cheap deal and will miss everything (like those Man'O'War rubostos, grumble grumble...)
    sorry hippiebrian.....I kept holding the mouse....but couldn't wait any longer
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    Lost my "cigarsprintsale" virginity..........now I can go to bed.................MoW Robustos............very good deal.....best I've ever seen

Note my above post...grumble grumble...lol

Congrats
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    I know it does, I've done quite a bit of auctions and I've seen some really stupid stuff...it just always tears me up to see people throw away money like that. It seems that this site isn't immune to the same crap. People will see a price that's less than the 'suggested' retail price and think "what a deal, I gotta have that!"

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    That was a great deal. I had my finger on the button, but you beat me too it!

• Options
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    I know it does, I've done quite a bit of auctions and I've seen some really stupid stuff...it just always tears me up to see people throw away money like that. It seems that this site isn't immune to the same crap. People will see a price that's less than the 'suggested' retail price and think "what a deal, I gotta have that!"
    Exactly why I said it takes some work (for me at least) but you can find the real gems in a hurry - some of the pros here have it in their head I'm sure. But, and I'm so glad I'm on a Mac - because Expose was made just for this kind of scenario - I have 5 web sites open, my excel spreadsheet, launcher, and my email, and I whip thru them all like nothing

• Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    Thats marketing at its best! I'm sure the plan is to make a decent profit, however a little research on our behalf makes for some great deals! Plus the free shipping is awesome, so even if you pay close to ccom normal price you still save $6
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JZ:
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    Thats marketing at its best! I'm sure the plan is to make a decent profit, however a little research on our behalf makes for some great deals!
    This is why I don't even bid at the devil site anymore. Too many dummies! They drive the prices too high. The last 3 things I bid on ended up showing up on free-fall and of course it closed a few hours before the auction did and folks drove the prices $10+ more than the free-fall price. Even everyday stuff is going for more than the sales prices, unbelievable sometimes. I only use free-fall now and I'm sure we will see this happen with the sprint site once those same folks migrate over here. They are in it more for the win than getting a good deal, seems foolish but hey, it's their money. What can ya do?
  • Options
    KingoftheCove:
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    Exactly why I said it takes some work (for me at least) but you can find the real gems in a hurry - some of the pros here have it in their head I'm sure. But, and I'm so glad I'm on a Mac - because Expose was made just for this kind of scenario - I have 5 web sites open, my excel spreadsheet, launcher, and my email, and I whip thru them all like nothing

I'm on an iPhone, and I have 5 pages open...I can check prices and compare before the sale ends! Sadly, I have most of the prices in my head on the stuff I'm interested in, so it's not that bad for me. Heck, if someone pays more than retail on the sprint I ain't gonna cry none at all...the more money c.com makes here, the better deals we can get from The Beard! I would not say that of most companies..,

• Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    CAcigarguy007:
    JZ:
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    Thats marketing at its best! I'm sure the plan is to make a decent profit, however a little research on our behalf makes for some great deals!
    This is why I don't even bid at the devil site anymore. Too many dummies! They drive the prices too high. The last 3 things I bid on ended up showing up on free-fall and of course it closed a few hours before the auction did and folks drove the prices $10+ more than the free-fall price. Even everyday stuff is going for more than the sales prices, unbelievable sometimes. I only use free-fall now and I'm sure we will see this happen with the sprint site once those same folks migrate over here. They are in it more for the win than getting a good deal, seems foolish but hey, it's their money. What can ya do?
    +1...but even with the idiots bidding things up you can still snag a good deal price wise and I am sure we will be able to do the same here should they migrate to here. The only thing working for us is they have to sleep at some point during the day.
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    CAcigarguy007:
    JZ:
    dbeckom:
    MTuccelli:
    dbeckom:
    +1...but even with the idiots bidding things up you can still snag a good deal price wise and I am sure we will be able to do the same here should they migrate to here. The only thing working for us is they have to sleep at some point during the day.
    LOL, good point! We have a little advantage here on the west coast, then again we should! We buy the most! The free-fall prices even drop slightly lower at night. They changed it up a bit and the price fall is in aggregate according to previous sales vs. duration. I noticed this last time and was able to snag some La Aurora preferidos maduros for $27 bucks a 5-ver. There is still deals to be had if your diligent. I also wont bid til the last 10 seconds and go about two levels higher, you can snag some killer deals on lots like that. I do like this cigar sprint though but it would be even better if they had multiple offers going, the same set-up but whack-a-deal style kinda (if that makes sense).
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I saw some insanly low prices early this afternoon, Diesel UCs 10 for 23 lol.