Home Non Cigar Related
Options

campaign funnies

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    I'm waiting for Biden to start touting this "poor me" or "It's not my fault" movements that all these rioters are shooting for.
    Every one of them believes that issues in their lives are not their fault. That people need to feel sorry for them, because they aren't making enough on welfare, to get ahead.

That minimum wage is too low for them to afford their Nikes and pot.
    How dare we get upset that they are destroying things.

Ah, but that’s the millenials battle cry, isn’t it?? “None of this is my fault and I deserve everything”...

Right?? 🙄🙄

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ana Cardenas is delusional.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Ana Cardenas is delusional.

She's a doctor??

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

I sent this meme along to a Trump supporting friend and he responded with this link..... Lesson learned about trusting that which confirms my bias:

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:6391630154
    "CLAIM: Trump’s “Make America Great Again” caps are made in China, not the U.S.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The hats are made by a manufacturer in California.

THE FACTS: A post circulating on Facebook with a picture of a red MAGA hat that bears a “Made in China” label falsely claims President Donald Trump’s official caps are not made in the U.S. Such claims have circulated for years on social media and have re-surfaced in recent months as the president engages in a tariff war with China."

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

There’s always going to be knockoffs. After all this is the land of the cheapskates.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:

@webmost said:

There’s always going to be knockoffs. After all this is the land of the cheapskates.

And if all the foreign made clothing were to suddenly evaporate as you are reading these words, who among us wouldn't be naked?

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@Rhamlin said:

@webmost said:

And if all the foreign made clothing were to suddenly evaporate as you are reading these words, who among us wouldn't be naked?

I hope she will.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/AFVs07FMETA
    In 1960, an average American household spent over 10 percent of its income on clothing and shoes - equivalent to roughly $4,000 today. The average person bought fewer than 25 garments each year. And about 95 percent of those clothes were made in the United States.

Fast forward half a century.

Today, the average American household spends less than 3.5 percent of its budget on clothing and shoes - under $1,800. Yet, we buy more clothing than ever before: nearly 20 billion garments a year, close to 70 pieces of clothing per person, or more than one clothing purchase per week.

Oh, and guess how much of that is made in the U.S.: about 2 percent.

Click link for full article.
    https://www.kqed.org/lowdown/7939/madeinamerica

• Options

Funny that those overpriced Abercrombie clothes are made in China. That's a huge markup.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

@webmost said:

I sent this meme along to a Trump supporting friend and he responded with this link..... Lesson learned about trusting that which confirms my bias:

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:6391630154
    "CLAIM: Trump’s “Make America Great Again” caps are made in China, not the U.S.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The hats are made by a manufacturer in California.

THE FACTS: A post circulating on Facebook with a picture of a red MAGA hat that bears a “Made in China” label falsely claims President Donald Trump’s official caps are not made in the U.S. Such claims have circulated for years on social media and have re-surfaced in recent months as the president engages in a tariff war with China."

And realize that a large portion of these posts are coming from Unions.
    I know this, because I am a union member and receive their propaganda constantly.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

What happened to the "funnies"? This thread is anything but fun. It's false news.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

That's"fake news"

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-vermin-supreme-20200826-se2sa7jrjraqfm4bfbuxzwtefa-story.html

In his latest video, he says his signature boot hat “has allowed me to interact with media from across the flat Earth.”

“Together we will ride our ponies into a zombie-powered future,” he says.

• Options

Still a better candidate than lynch, Warren or anybody named Kennedy.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't be worse than the Pastafarians already in office.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

“I’m the only candidate who has released their dental records,” he says in the video, holding up an X-ray of his teeth. “None of my opponents have released their dental records. Are they soft on plaque? They may be.”

• Options

• Options
    edited September 2020