Home Non Cigar Related
Options

campaign funnies

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Electoral College doesn’t decide who the President Elect is until December 12th. January 20th the President Elect is then sworn in to office.

The news media doesn’t decide the President Elect, the American people do via the Electoral votes validated by the Electoral College. Seems a lot of people are confused or don’t fully understand that neither Donald Trump nor Joe Biden are yet to be the President Elect.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    The Electoral College doesn’t decide who the President Elect is until December 12th. January 20th the President Elect is then sworn in to office.

The news media doesn’t decide the President Elect, the American people do via the Electoral votes validated by the Electoral College. Seems a lot of people are confused or don’t fully understand that neither Donald Trump nor Joe Biden are yet to be the President Elect.

That's the intention.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but we all know that unless he dies, Biden will be the next president. And we all called trump the president elect 4 years ago on election night. I mean, my gosh everyone, let's just be real.

If you don't believe that and would like to wager on it, pm me. :p:#>:)

Don't look ↑
  • Options

It didn't exactly help that in 2016 Hillary conceded the day after the election to Trump ;)
    Now jump to 2020 and both Presidential Candidates have claimed they won the election and it's still a month out from the Electoral College validating the electoral votes to determine the President Elect.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

So far we have had a convicted sex offender who ran numerous times for political offices come FWD and now supposedly a postal worker recanting his fraud claims.

Soon we will find ballots in Capones vault. Where is Geraldo when you need him?

Keep sending everything you have for the golden parachute fund or whatever they call it.

"We need YOUR HELP to ensure we have the resources to protect the results. We can't allow the Left-wing MOB to undermine our Election."

"50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s 2020 general election account for general election debt retirement until such debt is retired. 50% of each contribution, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000), to be designated toward DJTFP’s Recount Account," it reads in small letters. "Any amount that exceeds the applicable contribution limit for 2020 general election debt retirement, including any amounts donated to DJTFP after such debt has been retired, will be designated in full toward DJFTP’s Recount Account, up to a maximum of $2,800 ($5,000)."

Fleecing of Americans at its finest

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    edited November 2020

@TX98Z28 said:
    It didn't exactly help that in 2016 Hillary conceded the day after the election to Trump ;)
    Now jump to 2020 and both Presidential Candidates have claimed they won the election and it's still a month out from the Electoral College validating the electoral votes to determine the President Elect.

It's true that Hillary pouted for a night and did not address her constituents or the national media to concede. As I recall, she was thoroughly flogged in the public forum for handling this so poorly. I wonder if anybody who was quick with the insults or the criticism feels that their guy should concede now.

Somehow I doubt it. that side refuses to call Joe Biden the president-elect, even though he was elected as the next president by the people. Now apparently you can't be the president-elect until the electoral college votes. This must be new information that everybody just learned this year! I'll remember that in 2024.

I'm not very politically minded because both sides do nothing but spew venom and try to divide the country to motivate their sides to contribute to them financially. However, My silence ends where I see double talk, double standards, inconsistencies, divisive language and hate speech--on either side.

I just checked my PMs and I don't have any takers on the bet.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

It's true that Hillary pouted for a night and did not address her constituents or the national media to concede. As I recall, she was thoroughly flogged in the public forum for handling this so poorly. I wonder if anybody who was quick with the insults or the criticism feels that their guy should concede now.

Somehow I doubt it. that side refuses to call Joe Biden the president-elect, even though he was elected as the next president by the people. ****Now apparently you can't be the president-elect until the electoral college votes. This must be new information that everybody just learned this year! I'll remember that in 2024.****

I'm not very politically minded because both sides do nothing but spew venom and try to divide the country to motivate their sides to contribute to them financially. However, My silence ends where I see double talk, double standards, inconsistencies, divisive language and hate speech--on either side.

Not new information, the way it’s been for a long time, just not common knowledge. Last time it went this far was Gore vs Bush, I was 10 years old then. But yes not final for either candidate until the Electoral College validates the votes for them, then their President Elect and officially President after being sworn in.

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

It was never about fraud. It’s all about $$$. He won’t concede until he raises enough cash and they are having major issues getting that cash from big donors.

Cheeto’s campaign debt is in the tens of millions if not near 50 million or more

One day the chicken will lay to roost on the real fraud going on here

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Somehow I doubt it. that side refuses to call Joe Biden the president-elect, even though he was elected as the next president by the people. ****Now apparently you can't be the president-elect until the electoral college votes. This must be new information that everybody just learned this year! I'll remember that in 2024.****

Not new information, the way it’s been for a long time, just not common knowledge. Last time it went this far was Gore vs Bush, I was 10 years old then. But yes not final for either candidate until the Electoral College validates the votes for them, then their President Elect and officially President after being sworn in.

I thouhgt that the electoral college was fairly common knowledge; I think I learned it in 5th grade or something.

I also think it's common practice to call the winner of the general election the president-elect before the college casts votes, as we did with trump 4 years ago. That's all I'm saying.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TX98Z28 said:

I thouhgt that the electoral college was fairly common knowledge; I think I learned it in 5th grade or something.

I also think it's common practice to call the winner of the general election the president-elect before the college casts votes, as we did with trump 4 years ago. That's all I'm saying.

If one candidate concedes after the general election then yes it has been normal for years (16 I think it’s been) it seems to call them the President Elect but no one is officially the President Elect until the Electoral College is done validating.

• Options

I disagree but I love you brother. Here's to closing our eyes and hanging on for dear life :)

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I disagree but I love you brother. Here's to closing our eyes and hanging on for dear life :)

When Mondale went against Reagan, it was over before it began.
    Most of us knew before we even went to the polls who was going to win.
    And if people voting now, were voting, Mondale would have had half a chance. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Diver43 said:
    And like him or not, he is still the sitting President. Calling him names makes you look childish

Here here, and in my opinion, that goes for the labels like Democraps, dumbocrats, libtards, conservanazis, and others. Hating or disparaging someone for their political ideals is pure garbage in my opinion.

Oh, and did that apply to Obuma, george w pushover, slick willy, or any of the others? Will it apply to the next guy? I'm sure @Diver43 will stick to it, but will those who agreed with his post adhere to this rule?

PS, I'm an independent who abhors trump.

Contrary to what my wife thinks, I don't care for Trump myself. I think he is a big mouth blow hard. I also think that the media and other members of Government did not give him half a chance. He actually did some good things for our Country and proved that the majority of what he was accused of was fake, as he said.
    Is Trump an ass? Yes Is Biden any different? Not at all, but the media will lie and hide the truth about him. I hope I am wrong about Biden,, but he has been around a long time and done little if anything. Lord help us this next 4 years if I am correct.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Biden sorta reminds one of Jimmy Carter, doesn’t he..?? 😎

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:

Yeah, a bit.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if the "party of no" maintains its grip on the Senate then Biden should please them since he "been around a long time and done little if anything."

• Options

@jlmarta said:

Jimmy is far and away the moral superior to either candidate this time around. Hands down. Trump is a blatant ass, while Biden is a meretricious ass. The one thing that Jimmy has in common is with Trump, in that, in his entire term, he never plunged us into another war. That, in and of itself, is one hell of an accomplishment.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping for four years of congressional gridlock. No new laws would be a good thing.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@jlmarta said:

Jimmy is far and away the moral superior to either candidate this time around. Hands down. Trump is a blatant ass, while Biden is a meretricious ass. The one thing that Jimmy has in common is with Trump, in that, in his entire term, he never plunged us into another war. That, in and of itself, is one hell of an accomplishment.

I was speaking in terms of a ‘do-nothing’ individual..... 😎

• Options

Well, he did manage to give away the Panama canal. Gas rationing was fun while it lasted. Other'n that, I wish I'd bought a can of Billy Beer.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Biden can still do some serious damage through executive orders and putting the squeeze on certain agencies to do his bidding. Can you imagine all the **** he will pull using batfe, usfws, irs, fbi, etc. as weapons?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

At least Hunter's happy.

• Options

@jlmarta said:

I'll let you know soon as they let me run it.

• Options

• Options