Home Non Cigar Related

campaign funnies

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@miller65rod said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    I'm going to admit that I'm thankful. Because I know that if the shoe had been on the other foot, and a Biden lead in a handful of key states on election night had been slowly eroded and overturned by mail-in ballots being hand counted for days until Trump had enough votes to win, all hell would have broke loose. Everything that could burn, would be burning. People would be dead and injured. And it wouldn't be safe to be out in public. I suppose the only way you could avoid being attacked is if you were lighting a building on fire yourself.

Well that may depends on whether the Tweeto Messiah concedes with grace or if he continues to spew false hoods of him winning and every vote not for him is fraud.

He’s golfing right now so he will get back to everyone on Monday.

I am sure he will never concede. When he does speak it will be an airing of grievances like always. Every day is Festivus for the Trumpkin

Meanwhile the popular vote is heading towards 5 million more for Biden.

Those are all fraudulent votes as well yet they have yet to provide any evidence of fraud anywhere and I will bet they find none in the end.

Every state should look at Florida and notice that they seemed to do it right. Count all the mail-in ballets, and absentee ballots ahead of time, then you'd get virtually none of this scrutiny of the drawn out ballot counting process where the outcome of the election is at stake.

Concur but lawsuits prior to the election blew that theory up

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our only hope that the Republicans retain the Senate. If the Dems control both houses, life as we know will become very difficult and expensive. If the Senate remains, then they can keep a leash on the leftists.

I'm about to retire for the last time and I hope I can afford to live here.

@YankeeMan said:
    Our only hope that the Republicans retain the Senate. If the Dems control both houses, life as we know will become very difficult and expensive. If the Senate remains, then they can keep a leash on the leftists.

I'm about to retire for the last time and I hope I can afford to live here.

wait till we see how money is dumped into this battle. It will probably surpass giving every American $1000 check

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    Why is they never find any missing Republican ballots?
    🤔

They do. There's always a truckload of military ballots lost until after the elections.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:

@Rhamlin said:
    Why is they never find any missing Republican ballots?
    🤔

They do. There's always a truckload of military ballots lost until after the elections.

That is false. All military ballots will b counted as long as they are postmarked by the cutoff date if so required by the state, not all states require a postmark. Every state is different and the cutoff dates are not the same. N Carolina has until 12 Nov to receive overseas ballots.

The Military will ensure those ballots are there in plenty of time. Too make a statement like that is purely absurd.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@miller65rod said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    I'm going to admit that I'm thankful. Because I know that if the shoe had been on the other foot, and a Biden lead in a handful of key states on election night had been slowly eroded and overturned by mail-in ballots being hand counted for days until Trump had enough votes to win, all hell would have broke loose. Everything that could burn, would be burning. People would be dead and injured. And it wouldn't be safe to be out in public. I suppose the only way you could avoid being attacked is if you were lighting a building on fire yourself.

Well that may depends on whether the Tweeto Messiah concedes with grace or if he continues to spew false hoods of him winning and every vote not for him is fraud.

He’s golfing right now so he will get back to everyone on Monday.

I am sure he will never concede. When he does speak it will be an airing of grievances like always. Every day is Festivus for the Trumpkin

Meanwhile the popular vote is heading towards 5 million more for Biden.

Those are all fraudulent votes as well yet they have yet to provide any evidence of fraud anywhere and I will bet they find none in the end.

Every state should look at Florida and notice that they seemed to do it right. Count all the mail-in ballets, and absentee ballots ahead of time, then you'd get virtually none of this scrutiny of the drawn out ballot counting process where the outcome of the election is at stake.

Why do Democrats love the popular vote when they win the electoral college and hate it when they don't? It was set up that way so a few big cities can not select who only they want.
    While I doubt the recounts will change much. Do you not wonder how everything was close until mail in ballots were counted?
    And like him or not, he is still the sitting President. Calling him names makes you look childish

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

🇺🇸 🇺🇲

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Trumpers then

Trumpers now

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I called my broker a couple days ago and told him to get rid of anything questionable and let's stay cash heavy for awhile until we see how this shakes out.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Glad I called my broker a couple days ago and told him to get rid of anything questionable and let's stay cash heavy for awhile until we see how this shakes out.

Broker: You sure you want to sell off some of these stocks?
    Me: Look man, if Bezos is selling off stock, he knows something, so let's go with that.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see how well I can remember this. I was twelve at the time, distracted by the fact girls suddenly didn't look so icky as they used to. But here's how I remember it:

First election I was aware of was when Kennedy won with good hair and a cute wife. It was a squeaker; but Illinois and Texas brought it home. Both states were rife with voter fraud. In Texas, votes counted several times. But the Daley machine was a doozy: had skads of voters from the graveyards, from abandoned buildings, or made up. Reporters had proof. But Nixon said he didn't want to put the nation thru angst, and he was confident he'd get another shot later. Several people even went to prison in Chicago; so, yes, it was proven. But, of course, that was years later before the time courts acted. By then, we were in Viet Nam, JFK the Cold Warrior had promoted the CIA from a military intelligence agency to a spymaster trotting round the globe assassinating foreign leaders, the space race was on, the Mafia was pissed off how they'd been double-crossed at Bay of Pigs. etc. etc. So even when voter fraud was proven, it still didn't solve anything. There was also some rumor I don't recall how the Mafia and organized labor (is there a diff?) had a hand in delivering votes. But the oddest one was, there was a segregationist arm of the Democratic Party (is there a diff?) which won a couple states. I think it was Mississippi and Alabama. I forget who the candidate was, tho. Spose I could research it. Before Wallace. Had to guess, I'd say Byrd. Yes, the same senator who recently died and Obozo spoke at his funeral. Some kinda Grand Klavern or some such ridic title of the KKK. Anyhoo, even tho the electors were elected to vote Segregation, they swung to Kennedy.

Every election I can remember since, Dems have dead people voting twice. Nothing you can do about it, cause: 1) even if you prove it in court it's too late, and 2) see number one.

What's the chances it will make a diff here?

Nil.

Again, every political machine you can think of has been Dem. Not some, not many, not most... all. When they're not buying votes on the public dime, they conjure some.

The coup is complete.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited November 2020

I was going to leave this alone but since I am accused time and time again of being a Democrat since I cannot stand the Tweeto Messiah I will say this.

I have been a registered Republican my entire life

I vote along party lines except when it come to the President. I have not voted for a Republican President since Bush. I didn't vote Dem or IN either. I wrote myself on the ballot. It's my vote and I can do as I please TYVM

I believe in the electoral college and I believe it is the best system in place.

The popular vote is important to many but not so much me. But if I recall we went through this fraud crap in 2016 when the Tweeto said that illegal voting was rampant when he did not win the popular vote in 2016. That is why I bring it up. He got smoked in the popular this time.

I find it funny you call me childish yet the so called sitting sack of lies does nothing but call people names constantly. I leaned from him so maybe you should address that with him as well.

People want to complain about mail in ballots then maybe they should blame the GOP legislate in those states. They are the ones who changed the rules and they did it for a reason to cast doubt on this election. There are many articles that will explain how it got so screwed up by legislatures mostly GOP in those states that counted late. Suppressing the vote especially in the poorest African communities was the major goal.

Chester Cheeto planted the seeds of fraud months ago because he knew what was going to happen once states were allowed to start counting mail in ballots. It was going to be a tidal wave of Democrat votes. He convinced his base that your vote would be lost by mail. That is a false statement. I voted by absentee and my ballot arrived 48hrs after I mailed it. He hoodwinked all of his base. That is why he plopped his orange lying arse in front of the TV around 2 am claiming he had won the Presidency. His own election team knew what was coming and warned him about it. Somehow they can tell you how many outstanding votes are left in Ariz but they don't know how many democrats absentee votes are left in the blue wall states. What a freaking joke.

It's all easy to see IMO.

What i do care about is the Senate. Tweeto will try to implode that now. Many will rail against the Republicans if he continues to say the election was stolen. When no fraud is found then who does he blame next. Martians, McCain who knows and who cares.

To cast doubt on our Democracy is the only fraud going on here and it is an absolute disgrace.

Keep hoping for fraud is all i can say. In fact I would sell everything to help fund the his golden parachute or i mean legal battles since many feel so strongly about it.

He lost and that is the bottom line. Good bye and good riddance. He needs to start packing is all I can say.

Goodbye Felecia!!

Post edited by miller65rod on
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

@miller65rod
    Nothing wrong with being this or that politically.
    My view on the electoral college is that the balance of it needs to be figured out.
    Imagine if you were an Alaskan resident and you realize that California's vote is worth 17 times what your vote is worth.

California makes up the amount of votes as roughly 5 states, depending on the states. So how do you make it work out so that the state with the most populous doesn't have the most control?
    If anyone could figure that out, then they might be able to come up with a new system. For now, no one has figured out a fairer way to do it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

The draft. Oh, and make the US a constitutional monarchy, make Trump king, give him a stipend and no power and everyone can worship him without him ripping the country apart.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I normally stay away from talking about these things....But if the Dems are so good at stealing, rigging, cheating elections...Why didn't they cheat to gain any Senate seats? It would only make sense to win both wouldn't it? Plus they lost seats in Congress this time round too.
    For being such masterminds at this....They're not doing a very good job at it.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one was Trump's to lose.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@ForMud said:
    For being such masterminds at this....They're not doing a very good job at it.

No one said they were that bright.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope that is so. I was afraid that the conservative element of our democracy had been irrevocably harmed and radicalized. Well, the boisterous ones get the headlines. Conservatives are an essential counterweight to high emotion decision-making and excessive progress that can happen if unintended consequences aren't foreseen and examined carefully. I feel a little reassured.

As an independant, I do not see "normalcy" happening any time soon.
    Not sure how anyone can see any normal life in this election, one way or another.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:
    I was going to leave this alone but since I am accused time and time again of being a Democrat since I cannot stand the Tweeto Messiah I will say this.

I have been a registered Republican my entire life

I vote along party lines except when it come to the President. I have not voted for a Republican President since Bush. I didn't vote Dem or IN either. I wrote myself on the ballot. It's my vote and I can do as I please TYVM

I believe in the electoral college and I believe it is the best system in place.

The popular vote is important to many but not so much me. But if I recall we went through this fraud crap in 2016 when the Tweeto said that illegal voting was rampant when he did not win the popular vote in 2016. That is why I bring it up. He got smoked in the popular this time.

I find it funny you call me childish yet the so called sitting sack of lies does nothing but call people names constantly. I leaned from him so maybe you should address that with him as well.

People want to complain about mail in ballots then maybe they should blame the GOP legislate in those states. They are the ones who changed the rules and they did it for a reason to cast doubt on this election. There are many articles that will explain how it got so screwed up by legislatures mostly GOP in those states that counted late. Suppressing the vote especially in the poorest African communities was the major goal.

Chester Cheeto planted the seeds of fraud months ago because he knew what was going to happen once states were allowed to start counting mail in ballots. It was going to be a tidal wave of Democrat votes. He convinced his base that your vote would be lost by mail. That is a false statement. I voted by absentee and my ballot arrived 48hrs after I mailed it. He hoodwinked all of his base. That is why he plopped his orange lying arse in front of the TV around 2 am claiming he had won the Presidency. His own election team knew what was coming and warned him about it. Somehow they can tell you how many outstanding votes are left in Ariz but they don't know how many democrats absentee votes are left in the blue wall states. What a freaking joke.

It's all easy to see IMO.

What i do care about is the Senate. Tweeto will try to implode that now. Many will rail against the Republicans if he continues to say the election was stolen. When no fraud is found then who does he blame next. Martians, McCain who knows and who cares.

To cast doubt on our Democracy is the only fraud going on here and it is an absolute disgrace.

Keep hoping for fraud is all i can say. In fact I would sell everything to help fund the his golden parachute or i mean legal battles since many feel so strongly about it.

He lost and that is the bottom line. Good bye and good riddance. He needs to start packing is all I can say.

Goodbye Felecia!!

You see, I don't care what party anyone belongs to. I don't care who you vote for. As an American that is your right and I for one will fight to the end to protect that. What I dislike with a passion is a grown up, refering to a sitting politician by a childish name. I despised Hillary, but you never once heard me call her a name. I didn't care for Obama, but never called him a name either a childish or vile one that many did.
    Until the winner is officially decided and new person sworn in, like him or not he is the President of the United States and Commander In Chief. Calling him anything else demeans the position and makes the person using the name look/sound like a disrespectful child. Is Trump a richard? Yup, does he speak out of turn? Yup
    But until someone else is sworn in he is the POTUS

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Conservatives are an essential counterweight to high emotion decision-making and excessive progress that can happen if unintended consequences aren't foreseen and examined carefully.

Aptly put.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    And like him or not, he is still the sitting President. Calling him names makes you look childish

Here here, and in my opinion, that goes for the labels like Democraps, dumbocrats, libtards, conservanazis, and others. Hating or disparaging someone for their political ideals is pure garbage in my opinion.

Oh, and did that apply to Obuma, george w pushover, slick willy, or any of the others? Will it apply to the next guy? I'm sure @Diver43 will stick to it, but will those who agreed with his post adhere to this rule?

PS, I'm an independent who abhors trump.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Nope

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha! Then trumpkin it is!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

I'm continually amused at the flip flop attitudes I see.
    It's really interesting to see how it all plays out.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

Pee pads and knee pads!

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

My uncle, a life long Democrat said something to me that I have never forgotten. I was a teenager at the time and Jimmy Carter was about to be sworn into office. He was not too fold of Carter and said: It doesn't matter who is elected President or the party they belong too. You can dislike them but you have to respect the Office.

I always have respected the Office. I do not believe that Trump got a fair shake from the media, but I don't believe that he did anything to try and work with them either and he probably brought a lot of it on himself.

What I don't understand is why many current Democrats who have spent 4 years hating and complaining as if he stole the election are now, suddenly calling for Republicans to not question the results and support Biden. I have been going back to what my uncle said years ago often with the two choices we had this year...whichever one wins the Office will get my respect...not sure the individual will.