Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever noticed that almost everything that walks, crawls, swims or flies has two eyes?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one who carries a chapstick just to patch my smokes?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

It took him 36 minutes to decide not to post that......Musta been good.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

Used to be an EDC item for me in the before times. Now I just keep one handy where I smoke.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you drive on a Parkway and park in a Driveway, do you jerk in a Circle?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the so-called stimulus checks are just a way to soften us up for the enactment of the National Living Wage Act, where we all get $1,000 a month to sit home and watch the Game Show network and vote for who we're told to vote for?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I wonder if the so-called stimulus checks are just a way to soften us up for the enactment of the National Living Wage Act, where we all get $1,000 a month to sit home and watch the Game Show network and vote for who we're told to vote for?

I'm going to need more than 1000.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't they already have a $1K per month "dividend" in alaska?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

It's an annual payment and getting smaller due to current energy policy.

• Options

@d_blades said:

@VegasFrank said:

It's an annual payment and getting smaller due to current energy policy.

Yeah I remember I had an opportunity for it but steered clear of it. They were going after military guys who were collecting it during their 4-year tours and then never returning to alaska. Back when I was there, it was 12 grand a year, or about $1,000 a month #freedomdividend

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Yeah, but, the Alaska check money came from the sale of oil, share the wealth. The National check will come from you, share your wealth with those who won't work.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Yeah, but, the Alaska check money came from the sale of oil, share the wealth. The National check will come from you, share your wealth with those who won't work.

Interesting. Don't know enough about it to speak intelligently, but it seems to me that the oil in Alaska is not nationalized. Is it owned by the state?

• Options
    edited April 2021

@VegasFrank said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Interesting. Don't know enough about it to speak intelligently, but it seems to me that the oil in Alaska is not nationalized. Is it owned by the state?

If memory serves it was part of the deal with the Alaskans to allow opening up the northern fields. Politics. The State stood to gain enormously. As the State claims to represent, therefore for all intents and purposes to "be" We The People, and has therefore always required The People to contribute, why shouldn't they share the profits? They're the investors.

Of course, these are events that were all distant from me that happened decades ago. My memory may be flawed, and there may be others here who know, or are willing to investigate, more than me.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does a dyslexic atheist not believe in Dog? 🤔

• Options
    edited April 2021

Or dogma...oh wait, that's a narcissist.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Does a dyslexic atheist not believe in Dog? 🤔

He's also an insomniac; lays awake at night wondering there really is a dog.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Heard something the other day about Alaska going to court over the feds stopping drilling in the Anwar

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there is already one started about closing the pipeline. Gas here is already up $.70.

• Options

Does spooning lead to forking?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CtheHam said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Does spooning lead to forking?

I guess it depends on what you ware.

Like socks?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

And keep one foot on the floor.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fellas, the Dividend check is a one time annual payment from the proceeds from a $60+ billion fund that was set up in the late 70’s and gets cash influx from the state’s revenue from oil production. To qualify, you have to live here from Jan 1 thru Dec 31and establish permanent residency (The application process is pretty thorough). So to receive the 2020 dividend check, you’d have to have residency established prior to Jan 1, 2020.

The first checks came out in 1982; the largest was just over $2000, in 2015. Payouts are based off the last 5 years performance of the fund itself, irrespective of oil production or price. It’s just a bigass mutual fund the state contributes to and the residents get a portion of the profits each year.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s only because you send it here, Brother.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

Always have a tube in my pocket

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^ no wonder you're always smoking the good crap.

Are we still talking about cigars?

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^ no wonder you're always smoking the good crap.

Are we still talking about cigars?

With some guys, ya never know...🙄