Home General Discussion

California Herf!!!

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
Ok guys, I know there are more than a few of us here in the Golden State, so it's high time we start thinking about getting a good herf going. Right now, we're looking at the most basic formative stages of this, the first step is figuring out where you all are so we can pick the place that best satisfies the problem of distance.

For starters, post up what city you are in if you live in CA. This is going to be a serious consideration on my part, and the outcome is only as good as the planning that goes into it. So help me out here and get to posting. (Note: the county in which you reside would also be helpful in case I'm not familiar with the city)

If all goes well, maybe we could be looking at a late fall get-together.

Comments

• Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I live in Temecula in Riverside County, about 20 mins from you Joe. Really excited to get this thing going!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hopefully it gets a good turnout. I'd love nothing more than to get a good group of us together for a day.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Its about time Joe! San Jacinto, CA in Riverside county.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in!! Yuba City, Sutter County, Northern CA. And I've got a handful of friends who'd like to join in...
    Marty

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I am jealous. I want to move to CA.
  • Azusa, 20 mins from LA, 40min to Riverside area
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rwheelwright:

Swing down to N.C. and pick me up ...ROAD TRIP !!!!!
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I'm totally down for this. San Francisco.
    Hmm. The logistics are tough on this one for the NorCal guys...I'm not quite sure how we could set this up in such a way that it wouldn't require a good deal of travel for at least some. Any ideas?
    Yeah, California isn't the biggest state but it's a looonng one......

Marty

j0z3r:
    Hmm. The logistics are tough on this one for the NorCal guys...I'm not quite sure how we could set this up in such a way that it wouldn't require a good deal of travel for at least some. Any ideas?
    What about two herfs. A So Cal and a Nor Cal????
    jlmarta:

Marty

Right...only the third biggest. :)

That was my thought too Leonard, it's just too damn hard to meet in the middle somewhere.

Norcal guys, someone take up the reigns for the upper half of the state and try to get a herf going up there.

Right now, I'm going to tentatively propose Redlands as the herfing point as it is the place that is respectively closest for all who've posted thus far. There is a B&M/smoking lounge there. I'll be stopping in sometime this week to check the place out, and if it is up to snuff we might think about getting together there.

If anybody else has ideas, post 'em up, I'd love to hear them. And Socal guys that haven't posted, keep coming, I know there have to be a couple more.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Wait a second.... There's more than 2 people who smoke cigars in this state? I don't believe it!
    Russ55:
    Wait a second.... There's more than 2 people who smoke cigars in this state? I don't believe it!
    Show up at the herf and find out. :)
    j0z3r:
    jlmarta:

Marty

Right...only the third biggest. :)

That was my thought too Leonard, it's just too damn hard to meet in the middle somewhere.

Norcal guys, someone take up the reigns for the upper half of the state and try to get a herf going up there.

Right now, I'm going to tentatively propose Redlands as the herfing point as it is the place that is respectively closest for all who've posted thus far. There is a B&M/smoking lounge there. I'll be stopping in sometime this week to check the place out, and if it is up to snuff we might think about getting together there.

If anybody else has ideas, post 'em up, I'd love to hear them. And Socal guys that haven't posted, keep coming, I know there have to be a couple more.
    Hey Joe, what place were you thinking about in Redlands?
    It's called the Humidor, or the Redland Humidor, not sure which. Here's a link to their website Link!

I'm planning a stop on my way home from work in the next couple of days to check it out. Temecula is also a possibility, though I think this one is a bit more central to those who have responded so far.
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

Oh man....... I so would!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

On your way to NC, grab me in VA.
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    rwheelwright:

On your way to NC, grab me in VA.
    Done!
    rwheelwright:
    Sure about that? I stopped at the cigar lounge I'm looking at and bought two cigars for about $18 and change. CA taxes suck and our prices suck because of them.
    So guys, if we tried to plan this for some time in August, who would be in?
    Depending on when in August, I'm in. The later the better for me.
    Gotta know when and where before I can commit.....but I'd love to be there.

Marty

jlmarta:
    Gotta know when and where before I can commit.....but I'd love to be there.

Marty

Are you willing to travel that far though? Up to you of course, I'd be glad to have you, but you're looking at some travel time to get where I have in mind. The where is looking like a place called The Humidor in Redlands, CA you can find a website in this thread. The when is looking like probably late August possible September depending on who can make it and when.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Is anyone taking charge for the nor cal herf? If so, I'm in Sacramento and would really enjoy meeting some of you guys.
    Brian, you should definitely rally the troops for a Norcal herf. We can make a sport of it, see who gets the best turnout and compare pics after all is said and done.
  • The weekend of Aug 21 I couldn't make it and Aug 15th I may have a show to play, but thats after 8pm so if it was early I would be down.
  • KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    I'm in Fallbrook. On the border of North San Diego and Riverside County. I vote for August 21, I'd love to have a herf/b-day party.
    No way Kame, your right up the road from me. I have a few friends down Fallbrook way, might bring one along for the herf.
    Hmm, maybe Temecula is the way to go here then, it seems Redlands is only convenient for one person and Temecula is more central to the rest. What say you guys?