Home Non Cigar Related

1st Scapegoat

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, it's been one week since we found out that Donald Trump has become 1st Scapegoat-elect.  Pretty much every day since then I've seen articles claiming that "Trump's war on..." whatever has already begun.

It's only been a week!

I mean, really, shouldn't we all wait and see if he screws something up before everyone comes unglued?  Some of these articles seem really unhinged, not connected to any discernible reality at all.  What if we all just assumed that these things are spin-columns put forth by really biased individuals, and groups, trying to mold public opinion without resorting to facts?

How would that be?

I didn't vote for the guy, as usual I voted for the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, but come on!  Let's see what really happens before we start marching and looting.

Just a thought.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prepared for the Apocolypse already. Bought plenty of seegars. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Mr. Umwhat has a valid point. I think back to when Nixon was elected and I laughed my ass off. Here was a guy who couldn't even get himself elected as Governor and the ignoramus voters elected him as President. I was totally embarrassed and could only imagine what the rest of the world thought of us for electing such a dummy. 

So we waited a while, gave him a chance to show what he could do, and the dummy proved me right. 

Fast forward a few years and now Mr. Reagan comes on the scene. I thought, here we go again. We've elected a second-rate actor in some class 'B' movies and the world is laughing behind their hands at us. Boy, was I ever wrong this time. He showed us what he could do, did a lot of things right, and made quite a name for himself. 

So, I think it behooves us to give The Donald a little slack and see what he can do. I mean, we're stuck with him for four years anyway, why develop an ulcer over it?

So sayeth the oldfart....   B)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summa this schidt going round is so funny...

https://youtu.be/89GfI_e1h_g

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    The "protests" made me chuckle. It's hard to make 150 protesters look like a "crowd" But they sure tried. /shrug... glad it's over maybe next time instead of protesting who won they'll get off their bottoms and vote. 
    If Hillary would have had the same number of votes as Obama did in 2012 she would have crushed Trump who had 2 million fewer than Mitt Romney. So what are they actually protesting? They cannot vote from their X box? 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He went to dinner, and I thought cnn and some others were going to pop a vein.
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prepared for the Apocolypse already. Bought plenty of seegars. 
    Add food and ammo.......but cigars are still first 
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some pretty colorful stories on Bloomberg warning that Trump is the next step towards some dictatorship, and I had the same thought. I didn't vote for him, but give me a break!  

I am very curious to see how Trump the president compares to Trump the candidate. Hopefully we will be surprised (in am good way). Let's see what he can do. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    edited November 2016
    Fully half of the protesters arrested in Portland did not even vote...................

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

If Hillary would have had the same number of votes as Obama did in 2012 she would have crushed Trump who had 2 million fewer than Mitt Romney. So what are they actually protesting?  
    Exactly.

Even their own crowd couldn't support Hillary. That's why Trump won. It's funny to see ALL the left leaning media folks Benghazi-spinning this whole notion that "Oh my God,... racists, misogynists, etc. won this election!"

Nope......... It was just Hillary losing the election.

https://youtu.be/_asNhzXq72w
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Remember that Hilary actually won the popular vote. Trump's "rigged system" allowed him to win. 
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Fully half of the protesters arrested in Portland did not even vote...................

You know I sort of suspected that was the case so I googled it because I was glad someone did the research on it. /SMH

I also did not vote for either but I did vote. 
    I even had to get  in line twice because I needed a utility bill since I was not registered since I moved last year and I forgot to grab one when I went out. 

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/15/report-more-half-anti-trump-protesters-arrested-oregon-didnt-vote

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didnt have to vote, Oregon leans severely left so their electoral votes went to Hillary anyway. Vote totals are not important, the founding fathers saw to it that a densely populated region could not carry an election, not that Oregon is densely populated just heavily left
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that when I see that logo of Hillary's, I think Halliburton?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    "

"ESPN Viewers Dropping Fast, Network Now Admits It Mistreated Conservatives"

jd50ae said:
    "

"ESPN Viewers Dropping Fast, Network Now Admits It Mistreated Conservatives"

I mean, let's face it. Why is a "sports" program meddling in politics?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff Sessions? 

Strike One.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I think Trump is blowing the Washington establishments mind.  He took office, and started doing the things he said he was going to do.

Weird!

;)

edited February 2017
    I think Trump is blowing the Washington establishments mind.  He took office, and started doing the things he said he was going to do.

Weird!

;)
    Imagine that. Someone acting on campaign promises and being crucified for it.

These people who are screaming for Trump to be removed because he isn't "Their president", wasn't he elected? I could have sworn, that he was, the same way every president before him was.

I've seen a lot of things in my life, but I never thought that an election would destroy the country.
    Well, I could conceive it, but didn't think that it was because the person who was elected. Election fraud or something like that, maybe.

But never imagined that most the country would come uncorked by the person that was elected and sworn in. 

I did not vote for Trump, nor Clinton, but he is the sworn in Commander in Chief and I will respect that, even if I don't like him, as I did when Obummer was sworn in.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Well, I am quite optimistic about the whole thing. We need new parties, & now we're watching them both dissolve. I'm all for that. Chaos precedes renewal.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

webmost said:
    Well, I am quite optimistic about the whole thing. We need new parties, & now we're watching them both dissolve. I'm all for that. Chaos precedes renewal.

I have seen chaos destroy countries. I have seen them during and the aftermath.
    Not real keen on seeing this happen here.

These people who destroy things, attack innocent bystanders and beat them senseless are no better than the people who have destroyed countries in the name of democracy.
    Had those people not harmed innocent people in the process, I might have even sided with them, but they did not. That made them criminals and as such, deserved what they got.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I have to agree 100% with @Emcee 's comments above concerning the reactions from the Left.  Hit that nail square on the head.  I'd be personally dishonest if I didn't reflect for a moment that it pretty well mirrors the Mitch McConnell Rights reactions when Obama was elected, though.  These are the national divisions that I've been objecting to, here and in other threads, as well as in my neighborhood.

As an example, I have a friend who's a fanatic Democrat.  He took his wife and kids to the Women's March a couple weeks ago.  Came back ranting about the evil racist Trump, (my friend's a white guy married to a black woman) and how he'd heard that "they were giving the N A zi salute at Trump rallies". 

"I'm not sure I believe that"  I said.

He was sure. 

So, I asked him how he was spending the $50 / hour that George Soros paid him to march?

"What?" 

No such thing. 

The problem needs to stop, on both sides.

0patience said:
    webmost said:

I have seen chaos destroy countries. I have seen them during and the aftermath.
    Not real keen on seeing this happen here.

These people who destroy things, attack innocent bystanders and beat them senseless are no better than the people who have destroyed countries in the name of democracy.
    Had those people not harmed innocent people in the process, I might have even sided with them, but they did not. That made them criminals and as such, deserved what they got.

True too. The Left has a long rich history of violent intolerance. They don't want to hear it, any more'n they want to hear any history not of their own implausible invention, but it's an oft-repeated fact. Because they are emotional idealists they feel that entitles them to any damn means to an end. Nevertheless, any two parties who cannot field better candidates between them need to go away.

You can't have Brahma & Vishnu without Shiva.
    We shall see.

• Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I will continue to love my fellow man no matter his race or religion. I will do that until the day comes when he threatens what I hold dear and I shall dispatch him with a violence rarely seen. 

Be kind, compassionate, hardworking, and watch your own yard. Life can be simple and enjoyable 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we'd have had better choices. I mean crap Hillary and Trump was the best we could have. Personally I really wanted Ben or Adam. And I think everyone else just bowed out to damn quick. In the end I think the dems should have stuck with Bernie. I was shocked when he conceded.