Home Non Cigar Related

codger word of the day

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep your powder dry.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Knock yourself out -- it's a free country.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

Wooden nickel

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plug nickel

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

fire plug

edited November 2020

Before my time, but we used to mob the milk truck until the driver chipped of pieces of ice for us to eat.

edit: I remember in the winter going out to the metal box he put the jars in and seeing the cream standing proudly on a column of frozen milk that had forced the cardboard circle off the top.

Oh, they were called 'pogs', we had to bring them to school in the first grade. Used them to draw circles to write numbers or letters in with fat pencils, manual dexterity training. Fond memory.

Tiddlywinks

horehound candy

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ration coupons...

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    horehound candy

I loved that stuff

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Green Stamps

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:
    horehound candy

I loved that stuff

You can still get it in a lot of sportsman stores. I keep a small cloth sack of them by the bed. It makes a really good night cap.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Victuals. I believe it was yakster that used it recently somewhere on here. I still say vittles on occasion and get some strange looks when I do.

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@silvermouse said:
    horehound candy

I loved that stuff

me too

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@CharlieHeis said:
    Victuals. I believe it was yakster that used it recently somewhere on here. I still say vittles on occasion and get some strange looks when I do.

Vittles is how it's pronounced.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@CharlieHeis said:

Yes but the strange looks are because it's a codger word.

@CharlieHeis said:

@webmost said:

@CharlieHeis said:

Yes but the strange looks are because it's a codger word.

You'd think you'd get stranger looks out of "It's a free country."

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    "It's a free country."

You're showing your age.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

I can remember when there was only ONE Daily Deal, an' when it was gone, it was gone.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Humdinger.
    The daily deal has some real humdingers on it today!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@genareddog said:
    Humdinger.

LOL I'm assuming you were being sarcastic,........ I think they've been suckin' hind **** for too long now.

(Teat, for you city boys.)

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@genareddog said:
    Humdinger.

LOL I'm assuming you were being sarcastic,........ I think they've been suckin' hind **** for too long now.

(Teat, for you city boys.)

Yep

Goody gumdrops

Haven't heard that one in awhile.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pshaw. Or piffle.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

When I was a kid I loved wearing my thongs (flip-flops).

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@CtheHam said:
    When I was a kid I loved wearing my thongs (flip-flops).

They were inappropriately called J a p-Slaps when I wore them,

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

hard to believe it is a codger word already, must be getting old:
    groovy

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    hard to believe it is a codger word already, must be getting old:
    groovy

That’s far out man