codger word of the day

Comments

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

...Get me a Beer...

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

rapscallion

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cad

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hell for leather

Now we're cooking with gas

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

dollars to doughnuts....

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    dollars to doughnuts....

that was one of my Dad's sayings

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m going to tan your hide

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nailed to the barn door

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woodshed time.

• Options

Nifty

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem

• Options

Child

• Options

Victrola

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone mentioned ‘outhouse’?

• Options

@jlmarta said:

I remember them. I think you're the first to remember it here, though. When I was a kid we'd go to visit relatives, outhouse was the only option. Gotta be a codger to think of that! Lol

• Options

My Quaker meeting has two double outhouses still, but they have been kept as part of the historical nature of the meeting house and are no longer 'occupied'. Not all that different from the plastic Porta-potties that grace building sites and ball fields these days, but far more attractive in their own way. I have one next to the barn also that is now being used as a tool shed.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one at my deer camp. Used the door from my grandmothers outhouse when I built it, even has electric lights.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Work ethic.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@jlmarta said:

I remember them. I think you're the first to remember it here, though. When I was a kid we'd go to visit relatives, outhouse was the only option. Gotta be a codger to think of that! Lol

Or live here where they're a common occurance, even in town. I've got one at my retirement compound.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Golly Bill!

(Might just be a Southern thing)

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair to middling

Worked with Old Man Jack...That was his standard answer to "How you doing?"
    I learned a lot from that man. Still have some old tools he gave me 35 years ago.

• Options

my mom used to refer to us kids behaving as anxious 2-year-olds as having "kitten conniptions". The phrase doesn't appear to have been in common usage though 'having a kitten' does to describe being anxious.

• Options

Well I swan!

(Again, possibly limited to the South)

• Options

While I was a deckhand on the river, I had a First Mate who would often say (when things were going from bad to worse),... "Well fvck me runnin".

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all in. As in, I am pooped. As in, I'm exhausted.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    I'm all in. As in, I am pooped. As in, I'm exhausted.

I have not heard that one.

• Options

@ForMud said:
    Fair to middling

Worked with Old Man Jack...That was his standard answer to "How you doing?"
    I learned a lot from that man. Still have some old tools he gave me 35 years ago.

This is my answer most of the time.