Home General Discussion

FDA Regulation Update

ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
Looks like June 2015 is when we'll know what is the fallout. Cigar Coop article here

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regulations released today
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

FDA chose option 1. Not good
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

-- Winston Churchill

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with todays decision I understand most of it. In reality how does this effect prices and online options? 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be appealed and delayed for sure.  Plus the fda will be getting sued.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    So with todays decision I understand most of it. In reality how does this effect prices and online options? 
    Well premium cigars will be those at 10 bucks or higher. Cigars pre 2007 exempt. I am sure we will be seeing prices increase. Also no more handouts at events. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have I ever told yall I hate the government? 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Halfwheel article:
    Last month, the House Appropriations Committee on Agriculture passed language that would include an exemption for premium cigars.......

provisions will be included in the agriculture bill whenever it is voted on, but, that is not expected to happen until after Aug. 8.
    I will be **extremely surprised** if the agriculture bill does not pass.
    I'm very optimistic that the bill passes and the exemption goes through.

But the FDA will just try again next year......

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FDA and BHO can suck a big fat ****. 
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Sad Day :( 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone ever wonder why it is that all the significant laws seem to be passed by "administrations", rather than Congress?  FDA, EPA,  BATF, etc.?  It's never the people we send to Washington, it's people they hire that do all the work.  And they don't work for us, they work for whoever has the deepest pockets, or whoever is producing the most panic or hate within the culture at the moment. 

It's VERY popular to hate tobacco right now.  Our "leaders" lurch from one hate-mongered project to the next without any clear purpose other than to foster subservience, power for themselves, and more hate, because that makes us so easy to control.

And we fall for it. 

Every time.

Eggs Effin Ackley
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone ever wonder why it is that all the significant laws seem to be passed by "administrations", rather than Congress?  FDA, EPA,  BATF, etc.?  It's never the people we send to Washington, it's people they hire that do all the work.  And they don't work for us, they work for whoever has the deepest pockets, or whoever is producing the most panic or hate within the culture at the moment. 

It's VERY popular to hate tobacco right now.  Our "leaders" lurch from one hate-mongered project to the next without any clear purpose other than to foster subservience, power for themselves, and more hate, because that makes us so easy to control.

And we fall for it. 

Every time.

You forgot to throw a 'we gotta protects teh children!' In there. Seems like they always play that card
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

This article covers the hidden tax that these regulations truly are.  It's a short, but interesting depressing read.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/04/economy-hit-with-hidden-1-9-trillion-tax-from-federal-regulations/
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Brad @avengethis, more I look the more I think I have but 3 options. Start drinking again (should say funneling), start smoking meth or find the nearest cliff or bridge.  :s
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd love to throat punch the fda! There are so many things they overlook but I'm sure they get paid off. Well us idiots seem to be at the bottom and I'm hoping the companies come together and pay as well! Honestly my thoughts are its because of the embargo lifting. I'm sure they want to regulate all the cc's that will flood the market. It could be a good thing for cc's in terms of quality control but it really hurts the feast of the high quality coming out of everywhere else
    Money can't buy taste
    When they run out of things to regulate and tax you won't be able to find a toilet without 1 of these attached to it with a mechanical lid. You know they all about creating jobs. Just think of all the government workers they will need to go business to business and house to house to collect.
    edited May 2016
    jgibv said:
    From the Halfwheel article:
    Last month, the House Appropriations Committee on Agriculture passed language that would include an exemption for premium cigars.......

provisions will be included in the agriculture bill whenever it is voted on, but, that is not expected to happen until after Aug. 8.
    I will be **extremely surprised** if the agriculture bill does not pass.
    I'm very optimistic that the bill passes and the exemption goes through.

But the FDA will just try again next year......
    If your talking farm bill 100% agree. That bill is like 100% guaranteed to pass. A lot of pork is attached to farm bill, Alot of entitlements that have nothing to do with farming. Not quite sure why the call it the farm bill.
    Post edited by kswildcat on
    If you want a your voice to be heard click the link. It's simple and sends an automated email to your senators and representatives. It's easy. http://capwiz.com/cigarrights/issues/alert/?alertid=62606471
    -- Winston Churchill

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. Sent and shared on a couple of pipe forums that have cigar threads.
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) Usaf06 said:
    If you want a your voice to be heard click the link. It's simple and sends an automated email to your senators and representatives. It's easy. http://capwiz.com/cigarrights/issues/alert/?alertid=62606471
    Thank you! Just filled it out 
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice link @Usaf06 , thanks Nick
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Done filled out that link you posted to send emails to my senator and representatives :  http://capwiz.com/cigarrights/issues/alert/?alertid=62606471
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First lawsuit against the fda filed by a cigar manufacturer, thank you Global Premium Cigars!  I hope more follow, plus I think they have a sound argument.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...